What are your teams biggest needs this offseason?

NYRaider

For the Jaguars:

WR - assuming they do the right thing and let Ridley walk...but honestly, even if they don't, needs significant improvement anyway.  Specifically in a big chain moving #1 type target for Lawrence to throw to outside.

Interior OLine - specifically probably Center is setting up as a huge glaring need.  Really never got that spot figured out last year and the OLine in general was in real flux, made things really difficult for Lawrence getting pressure up the middle and for the RBs where only Etienne was able to make anything at all positive happen.  So starting Center and depth all around probably, ideally guys with some upside as projects who could overtake Ezra Cleveland or Brandon Scherff who is expensive as heck and not living up to the deal at all.

DB - need at least one starting CB for the outside, could stand to improve significantly at NB, and will need one starting Safety as well.  Plus just depth in general i think.

Those are the big three "needs" that are most pressing.  Where they're clearly lacking anything resembling a starting caliber player.  But there are very few spots where they couldn't use an upgrade, to at least the depth/rotation.

RB - they need something behind ETN.  The rest of what they have/had was totally useless and contributed absolutely zilch.  Not sure if that comes down to another ETN type "do it all" back who brings some speed like that, or if they'd lean toward more of a counterpunch option like a big short yardage bruiser.  Either way...needs help.

DLine - they've got some in house options that i think they still believe in, but could definitely still use another impact player there or even just some more rotational depth with upside and some "role players".

EDGE - they didn't draft Walker because they don't think he can be that guy who provides some pressure opposite Josh Allen and there are admittedly flashes of potential there.  But an Edge guy who can kick him inside for passing downs as part of a rotation would potentially kill two birds with one stone, while also providing some insurance down the line if they can't get a long-term deal done with Allen (which would suck so hard).

OT - it's still not entirely clear what exactly they're doing here.  They've got 3 guys in the mix, but Cam Robinson is always hurt and mediocre when he's not.  Walker Little has kind of bounced around between positions LT/RT/G and it's not clear if he's a real long-term LT solution either.  I think they probably still view Anton Harrison as the future at RT but he's also been...mediocre.  Though the constant flux of the OLine made it really hard to get a read on anyone...and the whole unit just really underperformed.  Well below what the raw "talent level" says they probably should've been capable of.

49 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

For the Jaguars:

Interior OLine - specifically probably Center is setting up as a huge glaring need.  Really never got that spot figured out last year and the OLine in general was in real flux, made things really difficult for Lawrence getting pressure up the middle and for the RBs where only Etienne was able to make anything at all positive happen.  So starting Center and depth all around probably, ideally guys with some upside as projects who could overtake Ezra Cleveland or Brandon Scherff who is expensive as heck and not living up to the deal at all.

I wonder if Jacksonville is a huge fan of Cush.

10 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

I wonder if Jacksonville is a huge fan of Cush.

No idea.  But i think with all the money going to Scherff and now the Cleveland extension...it looks more likely that they'll look to patch the Center spot with a cheaper draft pick.  Could be wrong, but that's how it looks to be leaning to me.

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Is there an “everything” option? 

If I had to guess, I think the emphasis in FA will be on:

1. Veteran Center

2. Rest of OL

3. EDGE

4. MLB

5. Former DAL Defenders

6 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

Well we have a Grand Canyon sized hole at QB right now.

The Broncos have a had a Peyton Manning Head sized hole at QB since the man retired almost a decade ago 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Is there an “everything” option? 

Ditto for the Titans.  But, there's an order of need, from desperate to biggest-need-level-for-teams-that-aren't-as-bad-as-the-Titans.

1. OT: Titans don't have a proven left or right tackle
2. WR: Hopkins is pretty much all they have.  A No. 2 and a No. 3 are needed.
3. CB: McCreary is OK, and there's some depth guys, but that's it.
4. IDL: Jeff Simmons and camp bodies.
5. OC: Brunskill can play C if needed, but then we need a RG.
6. LB: They can get by with what they have, but it's not good.
7. RB: Having someone to pair with Spears would be great.  Low because of low positional value.
8. K: Folk is apparently testing free agency.
9. Blocking TE: Titans have two young TEs, but neither are great blockers.
10. Edge Depth: We're good now, but guys are coming to the end of contracts.

For 2024:

Edge rusher, C, CBx2, Sx2, ILB, RB, backup QB

No CBs are going to hold up with a poor pass rush and that's what we had last year. Must get a vet here (and between FA and trade, there seems to be a plethora of options).

C could be guard if Avila moves over - so we have some flexibility there. Can be a draft pick.

CB should be the pick at 19/trade down - there are a ton of options and the value is there.

S should be a cheap vet and a later draft pick.

ILB, probably a late pick but I hope for a vet. For the love of god get someone who can tackle Deebo.

RB will be a late pick.

QB should be a vet.

For 2025:

Tackles - both RT and LT - are going to be HUGE needs. Scary huge. Jackson will be a FA and Havenstein will be 33 and entering the last year of his deal.

WR will also be a need - only Kupp and Puka under contract after 2024.

The Rams have four top 100 picks - so I'm hoping the board falls in a way that allows us to draft CB/T/WR/S and we utilize FA for:

Edge, C, CB (cheaper vet), S (cheaper vet), backup QB

But edge and C trump T and WR, so you'll see a lot of mocks having the Rams go edge/CB/OL/S with their first four picks.

To follow up for Washington:

1) Decide what you're doing at Quarterback. Getting a rookie? Stopgap? Roll with Sam?

from there.....

We need to get a LT and a pass rusher most importantly. From there, I would say a LG, a MLB, replace Fuller, replace Samuel in that next tier. From there, another pass rusher, a center, a running back backfill that.