Eagles sign RB Saquon Barkley (3 years, $37.75M, $26M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

If this was at similar money to the Pollard/Swift deals I'd be happy, but at this price point he literally has to be elite to make it worth it. I just don't think his health will hold up for that to be the case so I doubt this one ends well.

I was hoping we would go more bargain shopping (Zack Moss) for a RB this year and then drafting a franchise back in a stacked 2025 class. 

There's no doubt Saquon when he's healthy and behind a pretty good OL could be a great weapon, but yeah. Hopefully he stays healthy for us.

So that dude that told me Barkley is about legacy (with respect to staying in New York) was just inhaling a bunch of copium, huh? Nothing says Giants legacy like going to the Eagles (and possibly winning it all there).

• Like 1

On 3/1/2024 at 7:13 PM, Trojan said:

Him as in Mike Evans, because Saquon is a RB therefore worth a bag of chips, rent money for the duration of his contract and half a guards salary.

> Eagles sign Saquon Barkley Eagles sign RB Saquon Barkley (3 years, $37.75M, $26M gtd)
> Eagles extend Landon Dickerson Eagles extend G Landon Dickerson (4 years, $84M, $50M gtd)

2 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

So that dude that told me Barkley is about legacy (with respect to staying in New York) was just inhaling a bunch of copium, huh? Nothing says Giants legacy like going to the Eagles (and possibly winning it all there).

Copium? I didn't want him back lol. I just thought he would be back because no one would throw this amount of money at him. Once Swift signed for $8 million a year, I knew he was gone. Giants didn't want to pay more than that for Saquon.