Packers Signing RB Josh Jacobs

9 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Absolutely pissed we didn't give Jones the extra 1.5 million to stay. That tandem would have been lethal. I think Gute does a heck of a job as GM. He ****ed up on this one though. 

Having Jones would prolong Jacobs career too. 

Unless we actually find out the number Jones was holding out for, there is nothing to be mad about.  It doesn't sound like the Jones/Jacobs combo was ever something Gute was considering.  It was always one or the other.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Absolutely pissed we didn't give Jones the extra 1.5 million to stay. That tandem would have been lethal. I think Gute does a heck of a job as GM. He ****ed up on this one though. 

Not sure he had that chance.  Jones and his agent messed up IMO.  Probably thought he could get 10+ over 2 years 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I wish we had kept Jones, too.

In term of prolonging Jacobs career?  I think the contract clearly says that we don't care about prolonging a career.  He's a Packer for 3-4 years so long as he produces.  If he doesn't?  On to the next RB.....

26 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

No.  It is not.

@StatKing is playing 3 D chess while you all are playing checkers.

He calls out Jordan Love for poor play....look what happens.  He doubles down and calls Love "QB purgatory", look what happens.

Let the man talk.  This is a good thing.   

LOL .. I guess you're right.  Nothing better than being wrong so far on pretty much everything he's been opposed to.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I wish we had kept Jones, too.

In term of prolonging Jacobs career?  I think the contract clearly says that we don't care about prolonging a career.  He's a Packer for 3-4 years so long as he produces.  If he doesn't?  On to the next RB.....

Looking at that contract, Jacobs doesn't seem likely to be a Packer for more than 3 years.  If he fails miserably, he'll be gone after two.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

LOL .. I guess you're right.  Nothing better than being wrong so far on pretty much everything he's been opposed to.

Some people are excellent 'negative indicators'.

What that means is you listen carefully to what they say, then do or believe the opposite.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

I am very familiar with the concept.  Watson and Reed still suck.

27 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

There is a very good argument that says Gute didn't mess this up at all. Jones has been an excellent RB when healthy. He is 30 at the end of this season.

As a matter of interest, where did it say the Packers and Jones were $1.5m apart ?

His salary was 11 or close to it. Packers wanted a 50% haircut.  He signed a one-year deal for 7. I did the math. If he wanted more than 7 he would have hung around more than 12 hours before signing a deal and going to a team that won't be contending for anything., 

23 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Unless we actually find out the number Jones was holding out for, there is nothing to be mad about.  It doesn't sound like the Jones/Jacobs combo was ever something Gute was considering.  It was always one or the other.

Then Gute is officially a moron. You don't make it through an entire season with one RB. The reason he spent a 2nd on Dillon four years ago, in Jones PRIME.