The FFMD Draft Only March Madness 2024 *DISCUSSION* Thread

MikeT14

23 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Someone finally takes Isaac.  Great player, better prospect than Chop.  Good set of moves, bend, good power, and two years of quality tape.  Not super athletic, but athletic enough.

Strongly considered him at 76.

Did you know this is who I was talking about earlier?

I’m hearing 1st round buzz. And his tape is pretty good. If I hadn’t taken Verse in round 1, there’s zero chance he would have got by me at 82.

9 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

Did you know this is who I was talking about earlier?

I’m hearing 1st round buzz. And his tape is pretty good. If I hadn’t taken Verse in round 1, there’s zero chance he would have got by me at 82.

It's not the guy I actually thought you were talking about.  Someone else is higher on most boards.

I have a late first/early second grade on him.  When Jenkins was drafted, I said he was one of the remaining three I had first round grades on.  The other two were Wingo and Isaac.

Yeah, I think he goes in the second when all is said and done.  But I have him ranked higher than Latu, so he's Edge 3 for me.  Latu's medicals scare me, and he struggled against Jordan Morgan and was shut down by Taliese Fuaga.  Isaac has great tape against Peter Skoronski in 22, and he's been a solid all around player for two straight years.  Very well developed, ready to play.  Surprised he's not higher on the consensus.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I was fine with Isaac falling.  Thanks y'all

Graham Barton

Max Melton

Adisa Isaac

Killin it from the end of the rounds

Those are three players I like a whole lot.

EASTERN TIME
  Team Genenal Manager Round Pick Overall Date Start Time End Time
OTC BAL @Trojan 3 29 93 March 25 8:40 PM 9:20 PM

Next 5 up LAC @whodatOL 3 30 94 March 25 9:20 PM 10:00 PM
  KC @RedGold 3 31 95 March 25 10:00 PM 10:00 AM
  JAX @Justone2 3 32 96 March 26 10:00 AM 10:40 AM
  CIN @sparky151 3 33 97 March 26 10:40 AM 11:20 AM
  HOU @jch1911 3 34 98 March 26 11:20 AM 12:00 PM

1 hour ago, jch1911 said:

I was hoping to pick tonight because I have class scheduled during my slot (I'll find the time because we're just recording interviews ;) )

Still... (you = we)

YARN | It'd be a lot cooler if you did. [Chuckles] | Dazed and Confused ...

@Trojan Hope you're feeling better on the West Coast!

Sorry my son was at the doctor, then we got cookies on the way home and he threw them up and I was cleaning my car. I didn't realize I was OTC that long my bad.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Sorry my son was at the doctor, then we got cookies on the way home and he threw them up and I was cleaning my car. I didn't realize I was OTC that long my bad.

LOL... Life, brother!  It's all good.  Hope you AND your son feel better.... although pretty sure he enjoyed the cookies before they came back to haunt the both of you.

Curious... your SN doesn't come from you being a Man of Troy, does it?  (My father attended grad school at USC while Orenthal James Simpson was a student.)

39 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

LOL... Life, brother!  It's all good.  Hope you AND your son feel better.... although pretty sure he enjoyed the cookies before they came back to haunt the both of you.

Curious... your SN doesn't come from you being a Man of Troy, does it?  (My father attended grad school at USC while Orenthal James Simpson was a student.)

No it's the team I liked in high school (Carson Palmer to Matt Leinart era [Reggie Bush]), but I joined the Navy instead of going to a big school. My cousin went there and I still like the football team. I got out and went to state school. I liked USC because I am a Raider fan and Al Davis liked USC (coached there) and Marcus Allen went there.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Trojan said:

No it's the team I liked in high school (Carson Palmer to Matt Leinart era [Reggie Bush]), but I joined the Navy instead of going to a big school. My cousin went there and I still like the football team. I got out and went to state school. I liked USC because I am a Raider fan and Al Davis liked USC (coached there) and Marcus Allen went there.

Good stuff.  Yeah, Pops brainwashed me into USC love.  It's how I became a 49ers fan (Ronnie Lott) while living in Htown though the Luv Ya Blue era.  Got a LOT of dirty looks and harsh words with my USC/49ers gear during show your pride days at school.  LOL

When my sister went to UTexas, it pushed me to divide my loyalties between the 2.  My UG (Gtown!) never really did well in football (soccer? yes... but American football?  Not so much.)

Also, thank you for your service!

• Like 1