Panthers owner Jerry Richardson under investigation for misconduct; To sell the team

tonyto36

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

Some serious **** must have gone down if he's already selling the team. Maybe he's cutting his losses before this entire fiasco turns into a Donald Sterling mess. 

Richardson might be a lousy, sexist human being, but he does genuinely care about the fans and the Panthers. This was the best move for the team and he knows this. 

And at 81 years old, why fight it? 

I will always be thankful that he brought a football team to Charlotte, but he simply couldn’t be the owner after this.

13 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Lol sell his basketball team to buy a football team

Unless he had to sell the Hornets to afford to buy the Panthers, why would he need to need to sell the basketball team?  You can own two different sports franchises (per NFL rules) as long as they're in the same state.

I just kind of bring it up because last I knew North Carolina only has three billionaires (none with any particular sports proclivities that I'm aware) and all of them are over 70.

This is huge because Richardson along with Kraft, Jones, Rooney and Mara was one of the top 5 owners and in Goodell's inner circle. 

Two scenario's I can envision. What he did was so bad that he wants to get out of dodge and make himself irrelevant so nobody cares. Two he's just doing the league a solid as a good steward and alleviating some bad publicity from them

Archived