Week 15 Game Day Thread

Crickett

1 minute ago, TXsteeler said:

Why does it matter if it never left his hands? It can't be an incomplete pass until the ball hits the ground, or the player catches it while out of bounds.

The ball could literally end up just lying on a players stomach for 8 seconds until he grabs it and it's a catch,

Good grief. 

Just now, BroncoSojia said:

It looks like they STOLE him for a 2nd. I'd give that up and more for him right now. Lord knows we need a QB.

Anyone who needed a QB and didn't try and get him made a mistake. The guy looks legit.

Just now, atmer said:

That doesn't matter, because it is deemed a incomplete pass if he does not have control of the ball when he hits the ground.

That only matters if the ball leaves his hands, which it never did. He bobbled the ball but still ended up catching it.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

The 49ers would probably make the playoffs if Garapollo was there since September.

You have to imagine that we would have won 2 of the 5 games we lost by 3 points during that one stretch. I don't know about playoffs, but we'd be 6-7 win team I think. 

Needless to say, 49ers fans are very happy with the trade for Jimmy G at this point. 

2 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

Either the Titans are terrible or Jimmy G is the future in San Francisco. He looks like he was worth the 2nd.

In this case it's kind of both Column A and Column B.  Jimmy G is legit - I don't think he's 300 YPG on the regular legit, but in Lil Shanny's offense he could be (still think they'd rather get a more dominant runner or two and IOL and pound the rock more) - and the Titans secondary is trash, just like it was last year.

2 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

Anyone who needed a QB and didn't try and get him made a mistake. The guy looks legit.

In fairness, according to Schefty, it was the Pats decision to send him to the 49ers because they wanted to do right by Jimmy G and they liked Shanny / Lynch. The 49ers supposedly didn't make that call. 

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

In this case it's kind of both Column A and Column B.  Jimmy G is legit - I don't think he's 300 YPG on the regular legit, but in Lil Shanny's offense he could be (still think they'd rather get a more dominant runner or two and IOL and pound the rock more) - and the Titans secondary is trash, just like it was last year.

Yup. We are very happy with Jimmy G, but his deep ball needs a lot of work, and the red zone woes are a problem right now. He's a legit quarterback. How legit, I don't know...top 5? top 10? just top half? I don't know. But he's good enough to be the future. But the team still has a lot of holes to fill. Shanny's offense will make him better as well. 

Archived