Pickett-ing his way to Philly.

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

Only 3 guys on offense from Bens last game:

Dan Moore, Najee Harris, Pat Freiermuth. 

Ben retired two years ago. 

And all 3 of them could be gone next year.  xD

Thanks Colbert....your incompetence and overratedness over your final 10 years or so is now evident to everyone.

1 minute ago, 43M said:

And all 3 of them could be gone next year.  xD

Thanks Colbert....your incompetence and overratedness over your final 10 years or so is now evident to everyone.

I feel very vindicated in my near 8 year brigade that he was a problem, and the continually stringing out “one last for Ben”, all the “just make the playoffs you never know” were B.S. and well….I’m just a pig in slop as this all continues. 

• Like 2

https://x.com/Steelersdepot/status/1768766464604127582?s=20

ESPN's Dan Graziano on SportsCenter: "The Eagles, from what I understand talking to sources around the league, were one of the teams that had talked to the Bears about Justin Fields, but obviously could not get to the point where they agreed on a price, so they traded for Pickett." #Steelers #NFL

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

https://x.com/Steelersdepot/status/1768766464604127582?s=20

ESPN's Dan Graziano on SportsCenter: "The Eagles, from what I understand talking to sources around the league, were one of the teams that had talked to the Bears about Justin Fields, but obviously could not get to the point where they agreed on a price, so they traded for Pickett." #Steelers #NFL

I find Philadelphia as an odd home for Pickett as his game is not similar to Hurts.  I thought Dobbs would be a better backup for them, who I think we'll end up back with us.

It was a shocker when I saw it, but was too busy to even follow up til now. 

I'll say a few things that concerned me about Kenny, a couple I mentioned here before. 

1. Injury prone, plays much smaller than his size. The hand & glove thing was and is stupid for a guy that never had issues regarding it. 

2. I felt whether its warranted or not that his wedding timing had to be a distraction, I dont care that its a good time to do for veterans.  KP* shouldve been ramping up during that time for a guy that had so many questions going in to the season.  Even though they were together for a while the newlywed situation had to be a distraction to a degree. I would've rathered it happened in the spring. 

3. His arm was adequate but not great. 

4. The red flag that did pop up for me was when the media asked him if he picked up anything or learned anything observing the game from the sidelines. He said "Nothing"  That made me cringe for a guy with all the questions. 

5. The way he handled that situation made me figure he wasnt handling the current situation well. 

6. I did wonder about the lack of aggression and command, the eagerness to fight. It seemed like he was thinking about other things or just doing the job at times whether it was cause his situation sucked and he couldn't get a break or for whatever reason. 

7. The last and final questionable thing was the media reporting about Cam, the Team Captain essentially courting Russ.

I did think he had a chance but I think his attitude and way he handled things wore out his welcome and Tomlins willingness to fight for him. 

Funny thing about going to Philly besides him being a lifelong fan and from New Jersey. I always kind of thought his ability was good enough like that of say Nick Foles run to win you a Super Bowl. He's capable , but he is not a thoroughbred. 

I don't think we did him any favors at all. He should be a solid #2 there. Id take him over many other 2nd's in this league any day. Just don't know that he can make it more than 5 games in a row. We've failed our share prospects recently that have gone to be successful. 

Waiting for the other shoe to drop. 

1. You need a backup ...is it Tannehill or are we trading for Fields. It would be funny if Russ got kiboshed with a trade for Fields. So many skits and short vids could be made about this scenario over and over. 

2. Spencer Rattler value is increasing and I was enamored with his play increasingly as much as the 4-6 guys. My 4-6  is different than others.  I am intrigued by Jordan Travis but also see the concerns. 

3. This is not your fathers Steelers or mine for that matter. The Patrick Queen signing quells my concern/nausea. I also was a fan of D Elliot coming out of Texas and wanted us to grab him that year. 

4. We're making more noise than the Cleveland Browns in March.  

Edited by JustPlainNasty
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I feel very vindicated in my near 8 year brigade that he was a problem, and the continually stringing out “one last for Ben”, all the “just make the playoffs you never know” were B.S. and well….I’m just a pig in slop as this all continues. 

Yep....I actually started railing on him around 2010 after the 2008 draft looked disastrous and it snowballed from there.

By 2015 I was of the firm belief he needed to go, but everyone would cite his few hits and a decent drafts and act like he wasn't that bad, even though his overall body of work since 2008 or so was rather meh.   Ben and a few other star players helped give the illusion this team was better than it actually was.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

One thing @43M was dead on about was how disastrous of a decision it was to let him handle that final draft/offseason on his way out the door.

last few drafts weren't as good as we would have hoped.  UFA not so great either. Not a fan of colberts, him and tomlin ruined this team

19 minutes ago, 43M said:

Yep....I actually started railing on him around 2010 after the 2008 draft looked disastrous and it snowballed from there.

By 2015 I was of the firm belief he needed to go, but everyone would cite his few hits and a decent drafts and act like he wasn't that bad, even though his overall body of work since 2008 or so was rather meh.   Ben and a few other star players helped give the illusion this team was better than it actually was.

I think I was late to that party, not sure when I got on colberts case. I didn't get on here until 2010 IIRC:ph34r:

17 minutes ago, Blitzburgh said:

Word is Philly tried trading for Fields before Pickett.  Wonder if his compensation says anything about what the Bears would be willing to take.

I think the Bears will either trade him on draft day or after the draft.   Some team that cant get a QB may take a shot at him.

Good chance the Bears would also demand more from an NFC team.

Kenny Pickett was not the problem. 

Everything else was but ehhhh we'll just sweep that under the rug and move on.

Russel Wilson+Rookie+Case Keenum I'm sold.

• Like 1