Future Super Bowl halftime performers.

pf9

5 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

It's almost exclusively hip hop and R&B anymore.

Honestly? I could really see the NFL pushing Taylor Swift to do it next year.

All the more reason to push the script to continue to favor the Chiefs too

• Like 2

11 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

A hard rock or heavy metal band will never perform at the Superbowl.... Period. It sucks but it is what it is.

We'll get a "pop country" act long before we get any sort of metal band that metal music fans actually like.  Even a country-ish band is a longshot with how popular and mainstream it's become...it still has some people who absolutely hate it.  Which would make it too controversial and polarizing for the broader audience the NFL want to attract to their Superbowl halftime event.  They did country what, like one time 30 years ago?  Haven't gone back to that well since...but it's definitely gaining huge momentum as one of the dominant forms of "popular music" today.  So i'd reckon that gets a shot again long before they go to any sort of metal music, which is if anything, basically losing popularity and has been since the 80s.

9 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I love GNR. All time favourite band. Was fortunate to have seen them twice on their last tour.

But zero chance, even in their prime, should they be a selection for the Super Bowl. 

I could see Slash appearing with some pop artist as a special guest guitarist for them but that's about it.

... Actually I think he may have already done that before...I swear I remember him performing on a halftime show.

Axl should never be let anywhere near a stage during a performance being broadcast live. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

I could see Slash appearing with some pop artist as a special guest guitarist for them but that's about it.

... Actually I think he may have already done that before...I swear I remember him performing on a halftime show.

Axl should never be let anywhere near a stage during a performance being broadcast live. 

I think Slash showed up with Fergie IIRC

• Like 1

On 3/23/2024 at 10:53 PM, cp0k2 said:

Of all of the musical acts to come out of New Orleans, you went with Better Than Ezra?

Yeah seriously. I love BTE, but you certainly can do better... than that. 

• Like 1

On 3/24/2024 at 9:20 AM, SteelKing728 said:

It's almost exclusively hip hop and R&B anymore.

The last three sure, but the six before that, no. There were cameos, but not the headliner. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Danger said:

Honestly? I could really see the NFL pushing Taylor Swift to do it next year.

All the more reason to push the script to continue to favor the Chiefs too

I think that's a lock. It would cost them like a billion to have her play, but they'd get that back in advertising real quick.

3 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I think that's a lock. It would cost them like a billion to have her play, but they'd get that back in advertising real quick.

Nah, not with Travis there LOL, It'd still cost a solid amount but like. shouldn't be more than double how much she charges to perform most places. Makes about $13.6 per 3 hour show. So I feel like a half time show she could expect like somewhere between that and $25M because it's a shorter show but with super high reach.

29 minutes ago, Danger said:

Nah, not with Travis there LOL, It'd still cost a solid amount but like. shouldn't be more than double how much she charges to perform most places. Makes about $13.6 per 3 hour show. So I feel like a half time show she could expect like somewhere between that and $25M because it's a shorter show but with super high reach.

Imagine making $25M to be launched as the future president of the United States.

• Like 1