Broncos trade for QB Zach Wilson

Cutler06

9 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Not really a fan of either. Bell is smaller than Sinnott but plays like Reiman. Despite being a freakish athlete he’s Super stiff in his routes. Not a willing blocker.  Honestly if he commits himself he could make a pro bowl career as a gunner, not unlike Cody Davis did with the Pats for the last decade. 

Johnson is the classic looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. Has all the tools just super inconsistent. Worth a PFA flier if he falls out of the draft but wouldn’t waste a pick. Maybe he puts it all together and some team gets a steal.

I love Sinnott. I think I brought him up very early in the prospects thread. He's exactly the kind of player the Broncos should be targeting at the TE spot, particularly with his red zone prowess.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, broncos67 said:

I love Sinnott. I think I brought him up very early in the prospects thread. He's exactly the kind of player the Broncos should be targeting at the TE spot, particularly with his red zone prowess.

Sinnott is my favorite player in the class other than Bowers since I’m a Dawgs fan… traded three future irl thirds to take him in dynasty but that’s because of a stacked team and dynasty is different. But I fully endorse Sinnott

11 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Ben Sinnott out of KSt is probably my favorite. He’s the Wes Welker of TEs. A little undersized for the position but soft hands, catches everything thrown his way, and does all of the little things right. If he was an inch taller he’d be a top 15 pick. He will dominate between the 20s but not be the red zone threat he could be.

Where are you pulling this assumption from? Because of his size? He was the highest graded red zone TE in this class (maybe all of college football). He knows how to get open down there and make himself a big target.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Not really a fan of either. Bell is smaller than Sinnott but plays like Reiman. Despite being a freakish athlete he’s Super stiff in his routes. Not a willing blocker.  Honestly if he commits himself he could make a pro bowl career as a gunner, not unlike Cody Davis did with the Pats for the last decade. 

Johnson is the classic looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. Has all the tools just super inconsistent. Worth a PFA flier if he falls out of the draft but wouldn’t waste a pick. Maybe he puts it all together and some team gets a steal.

I’m with you on Johnson. Looks unnatural as a receiver like a big robot and doesn’t play to his athletic testing numbers. 

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

Where are you pulling this assumption from? Because of his size? He was the highest graded red zone TE in this class (maybe all of college football). He knows how to get open down there and make himself a big target.

In the NFL the red zone is not as open as in college. Kid is elite at finding holes in the zone but it appears to me that most Red Zone TDs for TEs in the NFL are way more contested that what Ben saw in college. I’m not saying he will never score TDs. I’m saying he won’t be as elite in the red zone as he is in between the 20s. I think he will be a multi pro bowler with only average TD numbers. 

1 minute ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

In the NFL the red zone is not as open as in college. Kid is elite at finding holes in the zone but it appears to me that most Red Zone TDs for TEs in the NFL are way more contested that what Ben saw in college. I’m not saying he will never score TDs. I’m saying he won’t be as elite in the red zone as he is in between the 20s. I think he will be a multi pro bowler with only average TD numbers. 

This is fair but I think he has some nuances to his game that will continue to develop that allow him to be a good red zone threat.

21 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

If it gets us the #1 pick in every round, I’ll take it.

If Sean and George can make a few good adds in this draft, a few guys develop, and we add some fill-in FAs with our cap space next year, we will get back into contention sooner than later.

I think that George will be fired, and Sean Payton will resign if this happens.

And, I am the one who has been posting the videos from the You Tube channel named Denver Broncos Mile High View. Those guys may be over the top, and that one guy yells too much, but they are way more right than people like 104.3 The Fan, Locked On Broncos. and Cecil "the tool" Lammey (who seems like somewhat of a Bill Simmons impersonator. He seems to like to make pop culture references from time to time).

With the Jets being such a disaster of a franchise, it wouldn't be a big surprise that Wilson may have a resurgence in his career. The Jets haven't had a good OC since he got there, Hackett never did anything w/o Rodgers. Not saying he'll be the next BIG QB here but I'm willing and excited to give him a shot to show what he can become.

50 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

With the Jets being such a disaster of a franchise, it wouldn't be a big surprise that Wilson may have a resurgence in his career. The Jets haven't had a good OC since he got there, Hackett never did anything w/o Rodgers. Not saying he'll be the next BIG QB here but I'm willing and excited to give him a shot to show what he can become.

I've got a friend in Rochester, Jets fan, and he tells me the beating Wilson took every week was awful. Just lousy playcalling and porous OL.

I'm just hoping he's not hearing footsteps every play. Getting hit that much  has ruined a lot of young QB's.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

When's the last time the Broncos were in the playoffs again? Who's the last QB they developed? 

Something about throwing stones in a glass house. Denver has been a joke save the Manning years since Elway retired.

And I know jokes, I've been waiting for the Raiders to do anything since 2002. 

Just now, big_palooka said:

When's the last time the Broncos were in the playoffs again? Who's the last QB they developed? 

Something about throwing stones in a glass house. Denver has been a joke save the Manning years since Elway retired.

Exactly. 🤫

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Not that that doesn't have some merit, especially that last line, we'd all agree with that. However, before that can be answered, when was the last time Sean Payton tried it, that may be a better question and I guess we'll all find out come this season. And to be honest, if he can't develop a QB, what woud be the point in the Broncos drafting one ??

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

How dare you disrespect Jake Plummer 😡

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

So we are due!!! Zack Wilson is gonna pop and send the rest of the NFL on notice, who will turn the Broncos around and go on a Tom Brady-esque Super Bowl run over the next 20 years! We need a need a new, good, story-line, why not Wilson doing a 180? 

• Like 1