2024 Day 1 NFL Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

CWood21

1 minute ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Oh yes............though I might doze a bit on earlier picks, as the Packers probably pick after 4am GMT for me.

I much prefer day three, that starts 11am (your time, probably, if you are E coast), making it a 4pm start for me.

I am feeling much better about the 8pm start time.

59 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

If DeJean is the pick, I'd have to assume that Hafley has expressed a high level of interest in adding him. That's good enough for me.

This ☝️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

If Robinson/Murphy/Newton are the pick we can feel pretty confident Kenny is playing his last year in GB.

This draft probably gives some insight into that.  Clark isn't old age wise, but there are a lot of snaps played in the trenches.  

I think 3rd contracts from GB are for all pro type players, that isn't Clark

52 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I hope that he is!  That probably means that the defense is good.  I was just looking ahead, thinking that we probably won't pay both Clark and Wyatt.  Clark is a guy that I wouldn't mind giving a third contract to, but I am not over the moon about it either.  Glad that isn't my decision to make.  That said, I am sure that I will have a stronger opinion on the matter when that time actually comes.  :D 

$20+M per year for a 28 year old high snaps IDL player doesntseem like good business

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

I totally get that.  But it isn't a move that makes me want to kick the dog.  

Franchise tag is 1 year.  Multi year deal at $20+M per year is much harder pill to swallow 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

I really don't like Cynthia Ferland on NFL Network. First of all, she's a Lions fan and from Detroit. Her 'simulator,' drives me bat**** crazy. It's a fricking joke! Finally, she has funky looking eyes. I could not look her in the eye if I was standing in front of her. 

Oh common Old Guy.  She has her good days and bad days.  Rockin' hot body.  Eyes are a little wide set and she has a schnoz but I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers.  And if you are indeed an old guy like me doubt you would either!

2 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Oh common Old Guy.  She has her good days and bad days.  Rockin' hot body.  Eyes are a little wide set and she has a schnoz but I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers.  And if you are indeed an old guy like me doubt you would either!

Old, but still extremely picky. Spoiler alert, I am not now or ever was good enough looking to be as picky as I am. I also certainly didn't wow them with my personality either. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, squire12 said:

$20+M per year for a 28 year old high snaps IDL player doesntseem like good business

Sucks but he's not a guy easily replaced.  Think he has another 3 productive seasons left.  3rd contract it's a tough call.  Especially after the Bak fiasco.  Stud DT's are hard to find. Not going to find one in this draft either.  I'd rather shell out for him then a WR.  You know like Detroit paying 30 mil/yr to st. brown. 

8 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Franchise tag is 1 year.  Multi year deal at $20+M per year is much harder pill to swallow 

Could be making this up but isn't his void hit for next year something like $15m, so wouldn't that mean it is in our interest to do a deal with him. If he does have a high void year number can we still tag him?