Day 1 Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

Ragnarok

1 minute ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

He'll be RE which in Bradley's scheme is the LEO i.e. Ngakoue, Ebukam slot

Yeah.  Yan is pretty much the blueprint for why you might think Latu could be good in that scheme.  Right down to the really polished hand use and rush planning.

Has the potential to mitigate some of the things Latu isn't as good at.  And keep him from getting swallowed up as much at the point.

Just now, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

It isn't going to happen, but Byron Murphy wouldn't be a bad pick for the Jags.  He could give them some nastiness up front on that defense.

I think they are going to go corner regardless

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

I’m a little torn on that.  Having seen everyone call the medical alarm on Jon Allen and Montez Sweat and seeing their production, sometimes the medicals can be wrong.  

It’s a spinal fusion, but you also saw Adam “Edge” Copeland retire from pro wrestling due to that, and he came back a few years ago.  Football is a different animal, sure, but it isn’t necessarily a death sentence.  

That being said, not sure I could spend a first round pick on him. 

The re-injury risk is absurd in a fusion even for normal life, and the Colts are taking him with a year track record, hoping for 10. I hope I'm wrong but the risk of him not seeing a second contract is way too high for me.