Nation vs Telesco

Sorry for the late start genntlemen.  New regime and a fresh start.  Remember the rules.  Try to keep it as just picks and no making up your own trades.  Give an explaination in your own post if you want.  Let's get our picks in.

Telesco

13. Brock Bowers

44. Jackson Powers-Johnson

77. Delmar Glaze

112 Decamerion Richardson 

148. Tommy Eichenberg

208. Dylan Laube

DrFrey13

13. Brock Bowers - Need vs BPA?  We finally went BPA and I am good with this selection.  I wanted defense but Bowers was to good to pass up.

44. Ennis Rakestraw Jr. - Going betwen OL and CB.  I think the talent on the line will still be there in round 3.

77. Payton Wilson - BPA and we need LBs.  Nothing else needs to be said.

112. Christian Jones - I was going between Jones and Foster.  Went with Jones because of games played at RT.  Not mad about the Richardson pick but would have gone with Tampa if I had gone Oline earlier in the draft.

148. Sataoa Laumea - Need plus good value in the 5th.  Versatility to move out to RT if needed.  He is not JPJ but we get him 104 picks later.

208. Christian Mahogany - Little bit of throwing spaghetti at the wall approach but we need depth also.  Back to back Gs.

223. Brendan Rice - I have to leave before the picks and want to have some fun with it.  He is great value here.

229. Frank Gore Jr. - Because why not.  Bring him in and let him compete.

Edited by drfrey13
  • Like 1

I would’ve gone Murphy or Arnold, but I cannot complain or hate on the Bowers pick. 
Didn’t think he’d be there. Cant argue adding top 7ish talent at 13. 

Edit - if gotta give just one - it would be Murphy, but the group think was leading me towards Arnold lol

1. Bryon Murphy.

2. JPJ - I’m Terrible at evaluating OLine but he seemed to be a  consensus top guy.

3 - Blake Corum. I want D but think corum in 3rd is nice value 

Edited by BackinBlack
  • Like 1

Telesco

13. Brock Bowers, TE 

44. Jackson Powers-Johnson, OG 

77. Delmar Glaze, OT 

112. Decamerion Richardson, CB 

148. Tommy Eichenberg, LB 

208. Dylan Laube, RB 

223. Trey Taylor, S 

229. MJ Devonshire, CB 

My choices 

13. Brock Bowers, TE - I liked Terrion Arnold, Fuaga, and Fautanu but Bowers is an elite talent and the clear BPA. Well done Telesco 

44. Jackson Powers-Johnson, OG - Another great pick (this time at a clear position of need). 

77. Roman Wilson, WR - Great spot to get a young WR that will be ascending as DA winds down. 

112. Mohammed Kamara, Edge - Undersized edge that has a great motor and nose for getting after the QB. Potential situational pass rusher if Koonce gets away. 

148. Jordan Travis, QB - This seems like a great to nab a playmaker QB who has lots of experience. 

208. Christian Mahogany, OG - The slide stops here. Will compete with JPJ and Parham in the near term and could develop into a starter down the road. 

223. Kendall Milton, RB - Powerful, instinctive runner who could surprise if he stays healthy. 

229. Leonard Taylor, DT - Competition for Nesta and Jenkins. Probably ends up on the practice squad Year 1. 

Edited by jpaulthe1st
  • Like 1

#13. Quinyon Mitchell, CB

#44. Jackson Powers Johnson, OG/C

#77. Christian Jones, OT

#112. Devontez Walker, WR

#148. Spencer Rattler, QB

#208. Christian Mahogany, OG

#223. Jonah Laulu, DT

#229. Blake Watson, RB

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 1

Telesco

13. Brock Bowers

HB

13. Brock Bowers TE - I agree with BPA

44. Powers-Jackson G- Our IOL needed a mauler in the worst way. I agreed with this pick 

77. Troy Franklin WR - I was thinking long term with a potential starter WR with a WR1 ceiling. 

112. Jaylen Wright RB- I thought he compliments Zeus perfect. Our team would have scary speed adding Franklin and Wright 

148. Spencer Rattler QB

208. Leonard Taylor DT

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 1

1.013 Taliese Fuaga, RT Oregon State
2.044 Jackson Powers-Johnson, C (I'm playing him at RG though) Oregon
3.077 Payton Wilson, LB North Carolina State
4.112 Spencer Rattler, QB South Carolina
5.148 Ainais Smith, WR Texas A&M
7.208 Christian Mahogany, RG Boston College
7.223 Brenden Rice, WR USC
7.229 Blake Watson, RB Memphis

Edited by Trojan
  • Like 1

I would have tried to trade to the NY Jets spot to add JJ McCarthy instead of the Vikings. However, that’s not what this is about so at #13 I would have picked Quinton Mitchell CB Toledo.

Round 1, Pick 13 - Quinyon Mitchell CB, Toledo - my highest rated player at a position of need, love his combination of athleticism and production, great run defender too which I think is crucial in our D

Round 2, Pick 44 - Jackson 'The Power' Johnson OC/OG, Oregon - surprised he was still available here and just too good to pass up, clear BPA for me and at a position of need too, all boxes ticked!

Round 3, Pick 77 - Zak Zinter OG, Michigan - absolutely bummed that Denver picked Johah Ellis just before us, was tempted by Payton Wilson also but went with Zinter as he was higher on my board and feel like we could lock down our IOL with Parham, JPJ and Zinter for a decade

Round 4, Pick 112 - Austin Booker DE, Kansas - consolation prize to Jonah Ellis and a boom/bust prospect, unrefined but explosive, high energy with pass rush moves and apparently his comp is Maxx Crosby, who better to have him learn from?

Round 5, Pick 148 - Kimani Vidal RB, Troy - really like his blend of power, low CoG, vision and hands, maybe a poor man's Jacobs? Decamerion Richardson was going to be my pick here if he lasted that long!

Round 6, Pick 208 - Fabian Lovett DT, Florida State - project NT who's huge and plays with brute force, good hand technique though he has an average first step and is an average athlete, can compete with Nesta and Young

Round 7, Pick 223 - Daijhan Anthony S, Ole Miss - upside pick, former CB I believe, who has ball skills and could be a good ST player initially and develop into a versatile option

Round 7, Pick 229 - Gabriel Murphy DE, UCLA - my clear highest rated player at this point and though we're not needing another pass rusher I feel his speed and quickness can be developed behind Koonce and is a point of difference to Crosby, Wilson and Booker, I was looking for a CB but they were all ranked much lower in my book

So many players I wanted got picked just before we picked, went a completely different way to Telesco in the end.

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 3

Lots of people talking a good game in this forum, but not too many putting their money where their mouth is so far.................. 😁😁 

Kudos to those that have above!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Lots of people talking a good game in this forum, but not too many putting their money where their mouth is so far.................. 😁😁 

Kudos to those that have above!

Fortunately or unfortunately I was travelling and Sat at work so couldn't do the above live. Fuaga, JPJ and LB Wilson is how I would have rolled. 

• Like 1