7.245 - Michael Pratt [QB; Tulane]

Zycho32

8 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

We keep all 3 on the 53. Only 2 active.

That what I think as well.  I don't think Clifford and Pratt are battling it out for a roster spot.  A lot of people seem to think it's Clifford or Pratt. I think they want to develop these guys.  

3 hours ago, Kampfgeist said:

I didn't come into last draft with any grudges against Clifford.   I was prepared for the worst after reading some of the hate - but thought he performed really well in the preseason.   Very encouraging.  If he carries any of that into this year Pratt is in a dogfight for the backup spot

I'm with you Kamp.  Cliffy has the stronger arm and a year in the system already.  I doubt Pratt comes in and beats him out for #2 this year.  Next year who knows but Cliffy definitely has a leg up.  Should be fun watching these guys in the preseason.  I'd imagine Love will get very limited play. 

Who remembers Clifford coming in for garbage time and still bombing a 37 yard f-you on the Vikings in that New Year’s beat down?  I don’t care if he never does anything again, that was awesome and just threw gasoline onto the Viking funeral. I’m definitely excited to see both of our backup QBs this preseason. Pratt to see what he’s got and Clifford because he’s a gamer and is not afraid to air it out. The team will decide how to play it for the 53 but I hope they both crush it.

Edited by Refugee

35 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Who remembers Clifford coming in for garbage time and still bombing a 37 yard f-you on the Vikings in that New Year’s beat down?  I don’t care if he never does anything again, that was awesome and just threw gasoline onto the Viking funeral. I’m definitely excited to see both of our backup QBs this preseason. Pratt to see what he’s got and Clifford because he’s a gamer and is not afraid to air it out. The team will decide how to play it for the 53 but I hope they both crush it.

How do I jot remember this. I feel like a bad fan.

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

In your defense, it was New Year’s freakin Eve and we had just piled on a hated rival in their house killing their playoff dreams and igniting ours. Worth going back and watching that whole game in this downtime we are in. You will shed a tear for 33, tho. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Hmm...jersey numbers don't mean a whole lot right now but you typically don't see a rookie get the same number as a guy who is likely to make the 53...

FWIW there are no other QB numbers available, unless you count 0. This is what happens when 1, 3, 4, 5, 12, 14, 15 are all officially or unofficially retired.

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Hmm...jersey numbers don't mean a whole lot right now but you typically don't see a rookie get the same number as a guy who is likely to make the 53...

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Oh snap!  They’ll get it worked out if everyone makes the roster but there’s at least an implicit message there. 

46 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Greg Joseph and Alex McGough also share #2.  You figure you're keeping exactly one kicker and exactly one QB3, so it'll work out.

Swerve! The message is actually for Davante Adams 

On 4/29/2024 at 11:36 PM, incognito_man said:

It was one pass and it was a terrible throw tbh.  It was an absolute lollipop and hung in the air for about 10 minutes and didn't travel very far.  It looked better than it was because Melton was so wide open, but if Clifford had led Melton even a little it would have been an easy touchdown.