53 Man Roster thread

Old Guy

Just now, Zycho32 said:

We'll either be at this Kicker quest a while, or Narveson is the second coming of Ryan Longwell. Always pray for the latter, but honestly, I just have salt and vinegar for the whole topic.

You love the whole kicking drama? 🤣

3 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

It's the biggest Shell game we inmates can be conned into year in and year out.

Perhaps then you should rephrase it as "I have canned tuna for the whole topic", that would be more appropriate.

Salt and vinegar on chips is amazing. How could you say that as a negative. What's wrong with you. 🤣

2613716_9_articlelarge_FILE_20PHOTO_20Br

3 minutes ago, St Vince said:

I hate that Gute and MLF caved to bisaccia.  We ended losing a good young depth piece in Johnson jr for Anderson who no one was going to claim off waivers. Very dumb move by Gute. 

With Bullard, Williams, Oladapo here, we have all the good, young depth pieces we need. 

Gutey dumped Welch, Tyler Davis and Rochell. Rich B got one win, it's not that big a deal.

23 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

It's the biggest Shell game we inmates can be conned into year in and year out.

That is pretty much it.

Justin Tucker who is the GOAT and is the only kicker in history to have a 90% career made FG average, makes 18 out of every 20. Most kickers make 16-17 kicks out of 20, yet fans want to run the guy out of town if he is a 16-17 out of 20 guy. Many fans don't take into consideration that a cold weather kicker is probably always going to miss 1 or 2 more than a dome kicker will either.   

• Like 2

FORMER PACKERS & PREVIOUS TOP 30 VISIT

TE/FB Deguara has landed on the Jaguars practice squad

RB Lew Nichols Is available - former draft pick last year

OL Atonio Mafi is available - unlikely because we already have two guards on PS.

DL Jaquelin Roy is available

CB Ja'Quan Sheppard is available

DB Omar Brown is available

S Christopher Edmonds is on Browns PS

S Akeem Dent is available

RB Evan Hull landed on Colts PS

DT Jack Heflin is available

INTERESTING CANDIDATES

RB Kevin Harris has returned to the Patriots PS -  The need to stock RB on the practice squad has become urgent due to Dillon season ending injury and Lloyd carrying a niggle. I looked around and I thought he might be a viable RB option as he's a Gute type.

CB Rayshad Williams - the Packers showed interest in him at the Combine and Shrine game.

By the way, going through my notes I see that the Packers showed interest in our new kicker Brayden Narveson at the All Star Game, whatever that is, so Gute was telling the truth that he was someone they scouted.

Edited by Chili

3 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

So who we thinking is guy 54 currently?  My guess Kalen King if something happens on the top end of the roster.

Completely dependent on what happens on 53. RB will be the first thing brought up for a temp job.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Completely dependent on what happens on 53. RB will be the first thing brought up for a temp job.

Possibly Clifford very early on. It will be telling if they don’t bring him up or if they do for a few weeks then stop. 

• Like 1