Jaguars extend QB Trevor Lawrence (5 years, $275M, $200M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

Oof. I don't think he will be worth the pay but I love how aggressive they were in locking him down. Either they made the smart move or this turns out to be a disastrous one IMO, so I'm going to enjoy the show.

Really though, if he played well this year how much more would the cost have gone up? It would still be a market-altering deal, and it isn't like he'd suddenly jump to $70 million filly guaranteed per year with a great year. Just seems a little over-aggressive to me without a ton of upside.

• Like 3

On 6/13/2024 at 6:01 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

I get that Trevor Lawrence was viewed as the best QB prospect since Andrew Luck, but Burrow had two elite seasons & a Super Bowl appearance on his resume before earning his deal. This is a lot of cash to bet on a player who hasn't produced at anywhere near that level so far in his career...

I could easily see this working out, but there's risk here for sure.

Joe Burrow was 23 when he was drafted. Trevor Lawrence just finished his age 23 season.

Patience, people. He's gonna be fine.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Joe Burrow was 23 when he was drafted. Trevor Lawrence just finished his age 23 season.

Patience, people. He's gonna be fine.

Bro, I cannot in good conscience now post like 5 memes I wanted to.

• Like 1