Change 1 Event in NFL History

Armbar

Posted (edited)

Shanahan decides to punt the ball with a 13-3 lead against the Bills in 2008 with 2:00 left to go in the first half.

Broncos don't give up a TD before halftime, and they beat Buffalo, securing the AFC West title.

They get pounded by Indy in the WC round, but Shanny stays. They go on to win a SB or two with Jay Cutler in a better system, and they avoid the McDaniels-Elway double whammy. The organization is in a better place today without Elway and his FO running things (into the ground).

Edited by 7DnBrnc53

On 7/4/2024 at 8:10 PM, MKnight82 said:

With the 24th pick in the 2005 nfl draft the GB packer select QB Jason Campbell. With the 25th pick Washington selects Aaron Rodgers 

RG3 picked over Andrew Luck also comes to mind, but the Campbell/Rodgers pick was what came to mind for me.  

I can't think of any for the Rams since I've only been a fan of the team since they returned to L.A. and it's been mostly good seasons since. Any bad has been a blip on the radar.

But since the Eagles were my first team, I would change Terrell Owens's ankle injury in 2004. Given how well he played in the Super Bowl even with a bad ankle, who knows how that game might have played out if he'd been healthy.

3 minutes ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

Some Eagles fans would say he threw that game. 

I don't think he did, but I think he just didn't care which is just as sad, it was the damn Super Bowl. Even the players were calling him out publicly after the fact.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

But since the Eagles were my first team, I would change Terrell Owens's ankle injury in 2004. Given how well he played in the Super Bowl even with a bad ankle, who knows how that game might have played out if he'd been healthy.

2004 SB aside. If that injury never occurs. TO is a Eagle from 2005-...., Who knows? 

TO/McNabb/Westbrook with those Defenses, results in a SB ring at some point.

TO is beloved in Philly

TO is never holding out and doing sit-ups/ PC in his driveway Butt Hurt over McNabbs comments.

TO never becomes a Cowboy, Tony Romo's favorite target.

The domino effect after that horse collar,  simply doesn't occur.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

On 7/6/2024 at 11:01 AM, Danger said:

I don't think he did, but I think he just didn't care which is just as sad, it was the damn Super Bowl. Even the players were calling him out publicly after the fact.

You can always win another super bowl but partying after becoming a multi millionaire will always come first. 

• Like 2