What was the most frustrating season that you have seen for your team?

1986. One of greatest teams ever couldn’t sustain under egos, poor decisions and injuries. 

2014 - Trestman lost the team after best offensive year for Bears ever in 2013 had fans very optimistic.  Total collapse.

2019 - After double drink out in playoffs 2018 a year in which Nagy won coach of year and we had a lot of young players looking to theoretically take next step in development.  Including perhaps the QB. 

Instead we saw regression from vets and young players, injuries and really poor coaching.  

2022 sticks out in recent memory as year one of Mr. Unlimited along with Hackett because there were actual hopes that we'd go somewhere. Also had another good defense wasted.

2013 was a fun season but the soul crushing end almost negates all of it.

Last season. I suppose there's an element of recency bias, but that was one of the worst offenses I have seen from any team in the modern NFL. They weren't just bad, they were boring. 

I didn't even mind that the Patriots and Packers games cost us draft capital late in the season. After what I'd been through watching that team, there were no "meaningless wins." Damn right I celebrated.

Bill O'Brien's whole tenure.  It was an instance during it that I seriously considered switching teams for good.  It was that bad. 

-the forcing on average to terrible qb's (ryan fitzpatrick, brian hoyer, and brock osweiler)

-the hopkins trade

-o'brien's arrogance to convince ownership he should be GM

-the fact some Texans fans thought he was a good coach because he won division titles in a bad AFC South

• Like 1

Raiders 2006 historical bad Bed and Breakfast offense which possible was the worst offense in Raiders history.

(Called the Bed and Breakfast offense because OC Tom Walsh had been out of NFL for the first previous 12 years running a bed and breakfast hotel)

Raiders Defense was actually great for a change that year. An average offense would of took the Raiders to the playoffs 

• Like 1

2022 in recent memory. We come off a Super Bowl win and have an absolutely silly amount of injuries. We started I think 5 guys at Left Tackle and it wasn't until week 11 or 12 that we started the same 5 on the OL in back to back weeks. And that's just the injuries on the OL. The stat was 21 players on IR and 125 games missed to injuries with another 8 I think it was to players just out for a game. 

Recently, it has probably been the 2018 Packers.  In 2017, Aaron Rodgers was injured, and the team limped to a 7-9 record.  In 2018, what ever rift between McCarthy, Rodgers, Brian Gutekunst and whomever really came to a head, and the team was dysfunctional.  Rodgers stat line looks okay, but he looked to be playing more to throw zero interceptions, and would throw the ball away, or take completely unnecessary sacks.  The team let Jordy Nelson go because he was too old, just to give a huge contract to Jimmy "the thief" Graham, who was just as old but sucked.  Mike McCarthy was fired in week 13, and the team limped to a 6-9-1 record.  

It was a team that at least should have been pushing for a playoff berth, but fell way short, and it was pretty much all because of clashing egos.  Just a complete waste of time that year.  And, IMO that is worse than simply having a bad team, which I have seen plenty of, I am old, and I went to Mizzou.  

• Like 1

Adam gase jets.

This past season was very close behind. 

Both were lost seasons where the jets killed any chances at rehabbing/developing young QBs. Just completely wasted assets and seasons.

3 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Adam gase jets.

This past season was very close behind. 

Both were lost seasons where the jets killed any chances at rehabbing/developing young QBs. Just completely wasted assets and seasons.

Jets not having anyone behind a 40 year old Rodgers was pure incompetence. They knew Zach Wilson was atrocious. Tyrod’s a lot better, but still a pretty meh backup situation. 

On 7/16/2024 at 3:38 PM, roger murdock said:

We hired Freddie Kitchens, who had no experience, and no qualfications, to run a team that was on the up-and-up.

Freddie made Hue Jackson look like Bill Belichek

Total throw away year.  

Interim coaches don’t work. Raider fans will clearly see that with AP this year. Arians worked out but dude was a HC candidate for years already.