2024 Training Camp

The Vikings are set to add some experience to their cornerback corps. Mike Garafolo of NFL Media reports that they are going to sign Fabian Moreau to their 90-man roster.

Moreau recorded 46 tackles, an interception, and seven passes defensed in 11 games for the Broncos last season. He opened his career with four years in Washington and spent a year each with the Falcons and Giants before moving to Denver. He has 298 tackles, seven interceptions, three forced fumbles, and a fumble recovery for his career.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/vikings-to-sign-fabian-moreau

@AnAngryAmerican @7DnBrnc53 @jsthomp2007 @AKRNA  @Dbrog24 
@naptownskinsfan @ripsean21 @Thaiphoon @MikeT14 @scar988 @y*so*blu

what can you tell us about this guy?

Edited by vike daddy

57 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

The Vikings are set to add some experience to their cornerback corps. Mike Garafolo of NFL Media reports that they are going to sign Fabian Moreau to their 90-man roster.

Moreau recorded 46 tackles, an interception, and seven passes defensed in 11 games for the Broncos last season. He opened his career with four years in Washington and spent a year each with the Falcons and Giants before moving to Denver. He has 298 tackles, seven interceptions, three forced fumbles, and a fumble recovery for his career.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/vikings-to-sign-fabian-moreau

Keep in mind with what I'm about to say, he got picked on all season by teams since he was the guy not named Surtain on our team. 

He really has some large problems with teams that go over the top. He got beat countless times by throwing teams that faced us and was a huge reason why we again looked to CB in the draft. For the positive he was pretty good in the middle of the field, though because of his height, would still lose most of the jump balls. He flies around like a madman out there which results in some cool tackles and the occasional forced turnover.

Realistically he's a CB3 who may not make the roster on a few teams in the league. Probably a good guy to have on your team in case any of your other CBs get injured.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dbrog24 said:

Keep in mind with what I'm about to say, he got picked on all season by teams since he was the guy not named Surtain on our team. 

He really has some large problems with teams that go over the top. He got beat countless times by throwing teams that faced us and was a huge reason why we again looked to CB in the draft. For the positive he was pretty good in the middle of the field, though because of his height, would still lose most of the jump balls. He flies around like a madman out there which results in some cool tackles and the occasional forced turnover.

Realistically he's a CB3 who may not make the roster on a few teams in the league. Probably a good guy to have on your team in case any of your other CBs get injured.

Honestly that sounds better than the alternative

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

If the first couple of padded practices are an indication for how the rest of training camp and the preseason will go, McCarthy will be the week 1 starter. 

I'm all for giving him some time on the bench but if he forces their hand to make him the starter, that would be great

• Like 2

4 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Not really that great of a player TBH. He's decent in a pinch but I think by now you can do better than him. I'd roll the dice with a rookie before plugging him in.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Not really that great of a player TBH. He's decent in a pinch but I think by now you can do better than him. I'd roll the dice with a rookie before plugging him in.

you mean our rookie CB who got killed? bummer....

First-round pick J.J. McCarthy has generally been working with the second team and O’Connell said that the rookie is “seeing some of the things that will allow him to start phasing into getting into the huddle.”

“You will see at some point see J.J. be consistently maybe getting more one reps there,” O’Connell said at a press conference. “At the same time, I think Sam earned the right to take the bulk of those reps early on.”

O’Connell also gave an overall assessment of how both quarterbacks have looked to this point in camp.

“Both guys have done a lot of really, really good things and some more notable — visually — than others,” O’Connell said. “I also think both guys have made some mistakes with the football – learning mistakes — where they’re trying to either see if they can squeeze a ball in over the middle before a safety can step in front or maybe not taking a chance down the field in a 1-on-1 where maybe that’s our best option.”

The Vikings play their first preseason game on August 10 and O’Connell has not outlined how the quarterback work will be divvied up, but he said Tuesday that there’s a “clear-cut plan” in place.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/kevin-oconnell-j-j-mccarthy-will-get-more-consistent-first-team-reps-at-some-point

15 hours ago, vike daddy said:

He's bad

• Like 1

19 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Moreau was a surprisingly good journeyman corner for us in 2022. He played particularly well against the Vikings in that Christmas Eve game. Had a near-interception... or an actual interception that was negated by someone else's penalty? I forget which. But he was one of the Giants defenders I consistently noticed. I was a little disappointed when we didn't retain him.

If he's more or less the same player he was then, Fabian is a solid addition at CB3 or backup.

• Like 1