Week 1 GDT: Broncos @ Seattle

broncosfan_101

Grand Theft Auto Walking GIF by Rockstar Games

Well gents, I guess it’s that time. I don’t think we’re a very good team, I’d personally set our o/u at 6.5 wins. But I also don’t think Seattle is very good. I’m guessing Mike McDonald will get their awful defence turned around at some point, but I’d expect early season struggles there. And an inexperienced OC with a limited QB and potentially two of their offensive playmakers (Lockett and Fant) hobbled by leg injuries?

Give me the good guys in an ugly one, 20-16.  

• Like 2

I'm all over DEN +6.   No, we're not even close to a good team, with hopes of sustained contention.   But it's getting better.   In this case, though, other than the @SEA and 12th man and it being Nix's rookie game start, the matchups are far better than they were last year.

I won't go against group mojo in Survivor pool, I took DEN, but truthfully, I think it's a 3-pt game either way, barring a 2+ TO margin on either side.   

On O, looking forward to seeing what a complete pass game package looks like, and how much our OL has improved in pass pro.    Gotta keep expectations on Nix reasonable, rookie's first game is always tough, and @SEA is as tough as it comes.      Hoping we can see the run game get going, and Estime finishing off drives with a TD or 2 (+1300 baby!)

On D, would love to see our run D be miles better with Franklin-Myers boosting that aspect on the DL.   And hopefully Browning/Cooper and of course our rookie Ellis can get pressure on Geno Smith.    The 2 big Q's are how our S corps plays, and the perennial weak spot in our pass D, the ILB's.   

Edited by Broncofan

Boring take, but like most road games it's going to come down to the turnover battle in my opinion. Don't turn the ball over, try and win the TOP battle, then let the chips fall where they may.

Not looked forward to a game this much in a long time.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Seahawks 31-0. Prelude to a 2-15 season. 

Lol now THAT is a bold prediction. I would be tempted to take a bet of seahawks not scoring 31pts in any game this season, let alone this one

2 hours ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Seahawks 31-0. Prelude to a 2-15 season. 

You’re doing the shock-jock-piss-my-pants shtick all wrong. You’ve gotta run them down while predicting something like 7 wins. That way when they win 5 or 6 you can say ‘holy butts they were even worse than I expected!’ Now when they win 5 or 6, you’ll need to give them so many props for being 3x better than you thought they’d be.

God damn, babies don’t even know how to fill their diapers anymore.

• Like 5

This an absolute a baptism by fire for Nix, on the road in as hostile an environment as it gets. 

Sean is a veteran coach and he will know how to guide Bo through games like this. Does it mean we will win? No. Does it mean we have a chance, and not a chance like I have a chance with Erin Dolan chance, but a legit chance? Yes. 

I picked us to win in pick ‘em because I want to be positive. A blowout either way will surprise me. Even if we lose, as long as it’s relatively close and we don’t look totally outmatched and Bo looks like complete crap, I’ll take it. 

Broncos 20, Seahawks 17

Edited by AnAngryAmerican
  • Like 3

The Hawks have almost as many unknowns as we do but with a more talented roster. A new offensive coordinator with an atypical system who has never coached in the nfl, a new head coach implementing a new defensive system, and a starting QB who has already missed some practice during the offseason due to injury. While the Hawks have more talent on their roster than we do, early season miscommunications could give us an opportunity to pull out a win if we can take advantage. Only a few more days to go!!

I think it’s a tough ask to win this one but I see a close exciting game where turnovers loom large. If Nix shines in this one it’s a great sign because he’s going to get everything but the kitchen sink thrown at him. Honestly it wouldn’t be surprising or even too discouraging if he melts down a bit in that spot. If he passes with flying colors though? Man…

• Like 1

I don't understand our lines Bo Nix over under for passing yards is 202.5 that's super low to me. Tyler Bagent Justin fields last year were in the mid 180s lol to give it context.

Javonte Williams rush attempts set at 12.5 you go a rookie qb making his first start on the road in a hostile environment and vegas projects on 12.5 rushing attempts. I don't see the team abandoning the run.

From the looks of things, I guess I'm going out on a limb here. I think we absolutely win this game and our offense really gives us something to be excited about. The Seahawks from what I've seen are just really in that rebuild mode and learning a new scheme with new coaches. That's going to take some time and their offense was already nothing to write home about when it was Pete Carroll. I'm thinking they are going to max out at around 14 points and look very familiar to our past teams on offense. 

I foresee us going for around 24 points if Bo is still feeling comfortable from the preseason and if not, probably around 17 points which would still get us the win. I'm going to be watching for which of our offensive players flash and on defense, I'm really curious about how Roach and Franklin-Myers affect our defense. 

Final prediction: Broncos 24, Seahawks 14