Cowboys Extend QB Dak Prescott

HTTRDynasty

The fascinating thing to me about this is it's 95%+ guaranteed. Actually surprised Jerry finally did what needed to be done.

Now I'm pretty sure there are no notable QBs on the market this coming offseason, right?

11 minutes ago, VigilantZombie said:

Let me know if you're still saying that 2 years from now.

I've always believed Dak has the ability to lead this team. It's the lack of support he receives from the front office that inhibits this team from getting over the hump.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Ewers, Beck and Dart look great this year. 

Still early tbh.

Not giving them much in the way of marks for beating up on chumps.

Ewers and then Beck are my early top 2, but even then they're fringe top 10 for me. Better than 2022, might be better than 2019, but it still leaves a lot to be desired to me at this point in time.

8 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Dak is much better than a “viable starter”. He’s about as close to elite as you can get without being elite.  Not paying him would’ve been stupid. The alternative is to let him walk and spend years in purgatory trying to find another one. 

Oh how they spent "years" in purgatory between he and Romo? 

I love how the narrative is that there's this certainty that justifies making him the highest paid player ever. 

Believe me, I'm more than happy the Cowboys caved and dropped the bag on him. It's equally as certain they won't go anywhere in the playoffs. 

• Like 3

Better odds of occurring in the year 2028

We are in year 32 still counting down Dallas's last SB appearance/Ring?

We are in year 37 still counting down the Commanders last 11 Win season?

We are actually calling Dak Prescott a SB Champion as a Dallas Cowboy?

@aceinthehouse need not answer!! 😎

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Oh how they spent "years" in purgatory between he and Romo? 

I love how the narrative is that there's this certainty that justifies making him the highest paid player ever. 

Believe me, I'm more than happy the Cowboys caved and dropped the bag on him. It's equally as certain they won't go anywhere in the playoffs. 

Having nothing at QB means you have no shot at all every year. My team has been in QB purgatory since the 80s. The only QB we’ve had that was any good since Theisman we let walk for nothing. We start every season with no chance. The Cowboys are not in that same situation. 

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Paying $9M less a season? Already has not only a SB appearance but SB MVP type performance  on his resume? Has as many playoff wins in 4 years as Daks 8? Sure there are similarities.  

Niether is RG3 or Kirk Cousins. Well 1 of the two isn't. 

Not sure what RG3 or Cousins have to do with anything? I’ve never claimed my team has had anything resembling a franchise QB in pretty much the entirety of my life considering I wasn’t a year old yet when Theismann broke his leg. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Not sure what RG3 or Cousins have to do with anything? I’ve never claimed my team has had anything resembling a franchise QB in pretty much the entirety of my life considering I wasn’t a year old yet when Theismann broke his leg. 

You suggested Hurts is the same , I listed why he's not. 

Dak has more similarities to Kirk Cousins even more so now as a Falcon, then Jalen Hurts.

RG3 was a dig 

23 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You suggested Hurts is the same , I listed why he's not. 

Dak has more similarities to Kirk Cousins even more so now as a Falcon, then Jalen Hurts.

RG3 was a dig 

Which is odd considering my post wasn't a dig at the Eagles or Hurts but whatever. 

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Dak is much better than a “viable starter”. He’s about as close to elite as you can get without being elite.  Not paying him would’ve been stupid. The alternative is to let him walk and spend years in purgatory trying to find another one. 

This is that purgatory. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, D82 said:

I've always believed Dak has the ability to lead this team. It's the lack of support he receives from the front office that inhibits this team from getting over the hump.

Lack of support from the front office. Great o-line since his rookie year, medicore to great defenses, all-pro playmaker(s) his entire career. Offensive minded head coaches, made him the highest paid player in NFL history and literally gave him all of the leverage in negotiations this off-season. 

Man's smoking that good Dak crack he found on the sidewalk. 

3 hours ago, 4thandInches said:

Jerry has no idea what he’s doing

He knows exactly what he's doing, trying to see a superbowl win before he kicks the bucket and letting Dak walk ain't gonna help that. It's an overpay but the alternative was let him walk for **** all since they couldn't franchise and trade him.