Browns QB Deshaun Watson Has New Charges Brought From Alleged Oct. 2020 Assault

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

I'm just interested in it from the browns perspective I think Florio said there's a chance they can get out if the contract if he didn't disclose this to them.

Disclose information?  You really think Deshaun Watson went to the Browns before that contract with them was signed and said ok I sexually assaulted what 22 women during private massage sessions and settled with them out of court for $55 million total with $1.5-$2.5 mil paid per each accuser....

And the Browns were like ok that is it, great come be our QB we will give you the largest guaranteed contract in NFL history.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Disclose information?  You really think Deshaun Watson went to the Browns before that contract with them was signed and said ok I sexually assaulted what 22 women during private massage sessions and settled with them out of court for $55 million total with $1.5-$2.5 mil paid per each accuser....

And the Browns were like ok that is it, great come be our QB we will give you the largest guaranteed contract in NFL history.  

hahahahaha.gif

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

no there's a paragraph in the article it had a provision in paragraph 42. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/new-deshaun-watson-lawsuit-becomes-a-potential-problem-if-case-wasnt-disclosed-to-browns

• SodeeWater_Cheezburger changed the title to Browns QB Deshaun Watson Has New Charges Brought From Alleged Oct. 2020 Assault
3 hours ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

I heard some people talking (maybe it was the Florio conversation too) where they mentioned that the Browns could possibly void the contract, but they would still get the massive salary cap hit.

I remember hearing something about this awhile ago and saying that if the browns ownership was anywhere near competent adult level they would hire someone to frame this so they could escape this contract.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Man it’s wild that the worst trade in NFL history somehow continues to get worse each week 😂 

I've always thought the Herschel Walker trade would never be topped as the worst, but this one is very close.  The Herschel trade built a dynasty for Dallas, but the Vikings still had a decent team after giving up what they did for Herschel.  This Watson trade could really damage the Browns organization for a long time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

I've always thought the Herschel Walker trade would never be topped as the worst, but this one is very close.  The Herschel trade built a dynasty for Dallas, but the Vikings still had a decent team after giving up what they did for Herschel.  This Watson trade could really damage the Browns organization for a long time.

The Herschel trade is bad, but there are simply levels to this Watson trade that may never be surpassed. Even if we disregard that he has been a massive disappointment as a player that was outplayed by Joe Flacco who was basically retired when he joined the Browns mid season last year, or disregard the insane fully guaranteed contract that Watson was given, or ignore the great draft picks that the Texans got to help turn their franchise around. The Watson trade has alienated a ton of life long Browns fans that refuse to cheer for a sexual predator as the face of their franchise.

The Panthers and Broncos should truly be thanking the Browns as both those teams in recent years made some historically bad trades as well that pale in comparison to just how bad the Watson trade has been for the Browns and we likely haven’t even seen the worst of this yet for the Browns. Likely will have negative impact for years to come with the wasted resources they gave up while having a team that looked to finally be on the verge of being competitive for the first time in years. Not to mention the guy that Watson replaced at QB  for the Browns appears to have blossomed into a legitimate QB for the Buccaneers.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

Herschel Walker was still solid for the Vikings. He also did not receive the biggest contract in NFL history, 100% guaranteed. He is also not a reprehensible human being. Watson became one of the worst QBs in the league, is getting a quarter of a billion dollars guaranteed, and seems to be one of the worst people out of the non-murderers in NFL history.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I'm just interested in it from the browns perspective I think Florio said there's a chance they can get out if the contract if he didn't disclose this to them.

In a way, good for them. 

In a way, they don't deserve to get such a break. They should suspend him, because it would be the moral thing to do, but they shouldn't get an "out" from his contract/cap impact. 

Jameis time. Every AFCN D/ST will be boosted in FF with his penchant for INTs. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

Early returns is that this Texans' team might be the best team in franchise history, too. Dynasty? Definitely don't know about that, but certainly a competitor.

• Like 3