Vent Thread... RIP 2017

The_Slamman

Just now, DaBoys said:

Nah this was our down year. 12-4 then a down year. 13-3 then a down year. 

Based on this we should go 14-2 next year. Here's to losing at home in the divisional again!

You're right. And it will be in heartbreaking fashion, yet again. 

17 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

If we make the playoffs next year, whatever scheme we used to get us there we should completely abandon. That way we can trick em!

giphy.gif

b07a7575bfb15da240a08b87d6934c57.gif?141

Our scheme never changes. I thought our scheme was just to clap really really hard and hope the other team messes up.

I just can't get over what Slam posted about the ATL game. You could say this is just one drive out of an entire game. I say this is just one example in an entire portfolio of ? Calls. And in many ways this drive sums up our 2017 season. We pass it on first down, following an 11 yard run. We get sacked. THEN we decide to run on 2nd and 17. We get stuffed. Then we pass on 3rd and 19 and Dak throws for a 1 yard gain to K. Smith. Then we miss the field goal. Pass on 1st, run on 2nd and long, throw it short on 3rd and long, miss the kick. Your 2017 Dallas Cowboys ladies and gents.

• 1st and 10 at ATL 12

(4:34 - 3rd) (Shotgun) D.Prescott sacked at ATL 19 for -7 yards(A.Clayborn).

• 2nd and 17 at ATL 19

(3:49 - 3rd) (Shotgun) A.Morris right tackle to ATL 21 for -2 yards (D.Campbell).

• 3rd and 19 at ATL 21

(3:06 - 3rd) (Shotgun) D.Prescott pass short left to K.Smith to ATL 20 for 1 yard (D.Campbell).

• 4th and 18 at ATL 20

(2:29 - 3rd) M.Nugent 38 yard field goal is No Good, Hit Right Upright, Center-L.Ladouceur, Holder-C.Jones.

Why the hell are we in shotgun on first down after an 11 yard run? Shouldn't we at least try to give a run look even if we do want to break tendency?  Why let the DEs pin their ears back on first and 10 when you just gashed them? Perhaps Adrian Clayborn wouldn't have taken that wide looping angle around Chaz Green if he had to account for a run

Check out this tweet from Fish...

.@DezBryant to me: 'Doesn’t make sense to say that me, T-Will, Bease & me all ‘declined’ at the same time. Our coaches are smart. So we need to figure out: Are we too predictable? Did DB’s know what was coming? And how do we (counter) that? That’s all.’

Dez is pretty blunt on this one... he’s either blaming Dak or the JG and appears it’s aimed at JG.

37 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Check out this tweet from Fish...

.@DezBryant to me: 'Doesn’t make sense to say that me, T-Will, Bease & me all ‘declined’ at the same time. Our coaches are smart. So we need to figure out: Are we too predictable? Did DB’s know what was coming? And how do we (counter) that? That’s all.’

Dez is pretty blunt on this one... he’s either blaming Dak or the JG and appears it’s aimed at JG.

I mean, yeah. Dez, TWill, and Bease were an average-to-above-average WR trio for 4 consecutive years prior to 2017.

I think we can do better, but it's kind of hard to believe they went from the ~13th best WR corps in the game (what PFF had them rated as coming into the year, which I thought sounded about right) to like the 30th best.

2 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Add to it a 6-2 record on the road. 

and a defense that was playing really well...

Grrrreeeeaaaattttt......3-5 at home. That's horrible. Nothing new for this team since Jerry's World was built.

Only problem with D is when Lee goes down. We have to figure something out about that one.

8 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Add to it a 6-2 record on the road. 

and a defense that was playing really well...

It figures, right? Defense starts playing well, we actually have a pass rush...and the offense craps the bed.

Archived