Raiders WR Davante Adams requests trade

RaidersAreOne

14 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Vegas only gets shafted if they allow themselves to get shafted.  

They control the situation,  the narrative.  Adams has no say! He has a desire, a want but literally NO SAY!

They were referring to my typo where I said Denver was getting the picks, instead of Vegas getting them.

On 10/2/2024 at 6:42 PM, Forge said:

Poor Vegas. Just getting shafted in this. Giving up the best player and getting nothing back

They get the satisfaction of helping out a division rival they haven't played yet this season... oh...

Well, it is Tom Telesco we're talking about here.

54 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

TT's first draft with the Raiders has been pretty damn good fwiw.

I can say this because there aren't many threads in the Chargers sub-forum, but go back and look at TT's first Chargers draft, people had kind of a similar reaction.  (Aside from the fact that the man seems compelled to piss away his 2nd round pick religiously - usually via trading up for a non-premium value position - which he gets a cookie for maybe finally having learne not to do... but it takes multiple years to form a pattern to justify "having learned his lesson")

On 10/2/2024 at 8:08 PM, Nabbs4u said:

Who cares what Adams wants or doesn't want? He signed a contract and if he wants a trade...., take whatever package benefits the Raiders Organization!! Period, end of story! 

You wanted to be traded....., Enjoy NE!!! Eat a fat one on the way out!

He would have to restructure his contract for any team that trades for them and he won't do that if he doesn't want to play for them. Anyone that thinks Davante has no leverage is delusional. 

3 minutes ago, StatKing said:

He would have to restructure his contract for any team that trades for them and he won't do that if he doesn't want to play for them. Anyone that thinks Davante has no leverage is delusional. 

Washington and New England could easily afford him. No, I don't want Washington to do it and take on a major hit but we can afford it. 

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Washington and New England could easily afford him. No, I don't want Washington to do it and take on a major hit but we can afford it. 

If the price is a third, I don't hate it for Washington. Just as a vibes pick up, tbh. I love the change in the overall vibes for the  team this year, and this would just help to grow that. 

With an extra third from the Dotson trade, its kind of a big nothing burger to me.