Falcons vs Saints Rd 2. Penalty or no Penalty?

freeman+coleman

Worst officiated game I've ever seen. It was obvious from the first quarter that there was no way that the Falcons would be allowed to win it. I mean, first & forty? Really? 

Just got to win out next week and hope for a rematch in the playoffs with decent officiating.

26 minutes ago, DutchFalcon said:

Worst officiated game I've ever seen. It was obvious from the first quarter that there was no way that the Falcons would be allowed to win it. I mean, first & forty? Really? 

Just got to win out next week and hope for a rematch in the playoffs with decent officiating.

"They were all legit penalties" or at least that's what we were told when we mentioned the horrible officiating.  The one and only penalty I'll actually give you guys is the Unnecessary Roughness or whatever it was with the RB on the stiff arm.  I saw what they called but thought it was a very weak call at that, but not nearly as weak as the RTP on Rankins or the non-call on Thomas at the goalline while the Falcons got every stiff breeze as a DPI during the first game.

1 hour ago, freeman+coleman said:

"The first one was MUCH worse".

Wowee ... coming from someone who did not watch the game we are talking about. Well done. 

Please enlighten me on the other bad calls, because so far you have one and a horrible pixelated picture here you cant see the ball clearly at all...not to mention Julio only has one foot down in that picture it seems.

7 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

Please enlighten me on the other bad calls, because so far you have one and a horrible pixelated picture here you cant see the ball clearly at all...not to mention Julio only has one foot down in that picture it seems.

Firstly, my original post includes two professional fouls by Lattimore (one is the link and one is the picture) and neither were flagged. Secondly, if I was to find film of every bad call I would just post the game in its entirety. That is how bad it was. 

8 hours ago, Raves said:

"They were all legit penalties" or at least that's what we were told when we mentioned the horrible officiating.  The one and only penalty I'll actually give you guys is the Unnecessary Roughness or whatever it was with the RB on the stiff arm.  I saw what they called but thought it was a very weak call at that, but not nearly as weak as the RTP on Rankins or the non-call on Thomas at the goalline while the Falcons got every stiff breeze as a DPI during the first game.

Julio was getting tackled before the ball even reached him. No comparison really. 

12 hours ago, freeman+coleman said:

Looks like because Lattimore is a rookie he gets to tackle Julio before he gets the ball as an advantage perhaps? 

And since Julio is a seasoned vet, he’s probably gotten away with some push offs that have gone uncalled perhaps?

all the calls went your way in Atlanta and they went the Saints way in New Orleans. It happens. We were in comfortable control of that game the whole way.

11 hours ago, freeman+coleman said:

You guys complained like anything. That is what you guys are best at! Complaining! And what a laugh that our penalties were on a single drive. 

Lmao coming from a guy that made a thread to complain about refs... 

this is priceless

9 hours ago, freeman+coleman said:

Feet down, control and ball over the line. Yep, not sure either. 

But the ball wasn't clearly over the line. Yes, it was damn close, but the replay isn't conclusive, so the call stood as called. If the original call would have been TD, I doubt that would of been overturned either, and it would of stood as a TD.

I think this game was just as poorly reffed as the first Saints/Falcons game. Both teams got some home cookin apparently. 

Archived