2018 NFL Draft Thread: Jets clinch 6th overall pick

jetskid007

16 hours ago, ekill08x said:

WR should absolutely be addressed but I dont necessarily think it has to be a player like Landry although it would be a heck of a pickup. Even a Jordan Matthews, or Donte Moncrief. Not sure what to think of Sammy Watkins, dont really love his attitude. Looks like Anderson will be here, likely a 4-game suspension though.

Donate Moncrief may be the most overrated WR in the NFL.  Guy is all hype and no production.  Hard pass on him.

Matthews is a solid WR but I don't see a major upgrade from Kearse so I don't see the point outside of depth. 

My guess is 2 games for Anderson.  I don't think we go after a WR in FA unless Q isn't 100% healthy then things could change.

Hansen and Stewart both can play so I'd like to give them more reps with our new QB to see if one can break out like Q and Robby before them.  

2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Donate Moncrief may be the most overrated WR in the NFL.  Guy is all hype and no production.  Hard pass on him.

Matthews is a solid WR but I don't see a major upgrade from Kearse so I don't see the point outside of depth. 

My guess is 2 games for Anderson.  I don't think we go after a WR in FA unless Q isn't 100% healthy then things could change.

Hansen and Stewart both can play so I'd like to give them more reps with our new QB to see if one can break out like Q and Robby before them.  

Yeah you can make a case for that definitely. Kearse was a great sweetener to that sheldon deal, he alone won that trade. If we upgrade the rest of the roster this is the one group I am okay with if Q comes back healthy and even Devin Smith gives it a shot in camp. We could come away surprised.

16 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Agreed - I have no clue why I keep reading his name in this forum

He's not good with no upside

On 1/22/2018 at 1:40 AM, doumeyer said:

I do, I am the most lenient person when it comes to character issues on a team. Like you I am a big Anderson guy, but what he did is way over the top. I agree with EKILL08 we must address the WR position, either in the draft or FA. His actions just put more pressure on Mac for our offseason activity.

Yea I don't disagree. I still think he plays for us this year. It's just unfortunate because I think this most recent incident is what will prevent us from giving him an extension.

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 3:41 PM, JetsandI said:

I wonder how much will Jets play Enunwa inside since he had 2 neck surgeries. If Q feels uneasy playing from slot spot then Trey  Quinn could be the trick.  Cooper Kupp makes Jared Goff look solid.

As things stand now Kearse,  is the only player who is a sure thing for next year at the receiver position. Who knows how Enunwa will be after his second neck operation. And Rob Anderson is a loose cannon, right now his future in in doubt. All the other receivers on the roster are all unproven. The TE position is another ? mark ASJ is OK but can't seem to take that next step to be a real effective go to player. We have the money and the draft picks to improve the receiving position, how to do it is another story. This post would not even be necessary if Anderson was not such a whacko. We could have just go out and pick up a good WR in the FA market, like a Alan Robinson. We sure don't want to go back like we did a few years ago when we had a bunch of no name receivers.

5 hours ago, doumeyer said:

As things stand now Kearse,  is the only player who is a sure thing for next year at the receiver position. Who knows how Enunwa will be after his second neck operation. And Rob Anderson is a loose cannon, right now his future in in doubt. All the other receivers on the roster are all unproven. The TE position is another ? mark ASJ is OK but can't seem to take that next step to be a real effective go to player. We have the money and the draft picks to improve the receiving position, how to do it is another story. This post would not even be necessary if Anderson was not such a whacko. We could have just go out and pick up a good WR in the FA market, like a Alan Robinson. We sure don't want to go back like we did a few years ago when we had a bunch of no name receivers.

A-Rob will sign with the Jags or get tagged. He is not going any where. The best WR out there for the jets would be Jarvis. 

I need to chime in on Moncrief. I’ll start by saying I don’t think he’s a star #1 WR. I think he’s a very good #2 with borderline potential to be a #1. We can’t look at his season this year. Young QB brought in last minute who has barely played, no time to work on timing, awful offense as a whole etc. 

Let’s look at his 2 previous years. He got injured last season. He only played half a season and had 7 TDs. That’s a ton of production in half a season. Let’s than look to the season before. He had a better year than that if Enunwa had that everyone on here praises him for (which I think was overrated). He caught for only like 75yds less than Enunwa but had 3 more TDs. I’d say he out produced Enunwa. I use Enunwa as an example for several reasons. They’re the same age, similar bodies and I’ve seen people on here praise him for years and I find it head scratching to see people criticizing a guy who has out performed him by a huge margin pretty much. 

Moncrief: 18 TDs

Enunwa: 4 TDs

Im all for bringing Moncrief in.

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I need to chime in on Moncrief. I’ll start by saying I don’t think he’s a star #1 WR. I think he’s a very good #2 with borderline potential to be a #1. We can’t look at his season this year. Young QB brought in last minute who has barely played, no time to work on timing, awful offense as a whole etc. 

Let’s look at his 2 previous years. He got injured last season. He only played half a season and had 7 TDs. That’s a ton of production in half a season. Let’s than look to the season before. He had a better year than that if Enunwa had that everyone on here praises him for (which I think was overrated). He caught for only like 75yds less than Enunwa but had 3 more TDs. I’d say he out produced Enunwa. I use Enunwa as an example for several reasons. They’re the same age, similar bodies and I’ve seen people on here praise him for years and I find it head scratching to see people criticizing a guy who has out performed him by a huge margin pretty much. 

Moncrief: 18 TDs

Enunwa: 4 TDs

Im all for bringing Moncrief in.

I watched a lot of Moncrief that year

Those TDs are not a measure of anything; it was a weird run of having 3 catches and a TD every game

Moncrief isn't that good, wouldn't mind him as my #3 paired with some good possession guys but that's it. My take on the WR situation is I'd draft one in the 3/4 round and continue to build that way, don't want to spend a ton of money there unless we're getting A-Rob. DJ Moore WR from Maryland is a guy I love and think he'd be a good fit with the group of guys we have now.

24 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

I watched a lot of Moncrief that year

Those TDs are not a measure of anything; it was a weird run of having 3 catches and a TD every game

Doesn’t matter. He has 18 TDs. That’s more than anyone over a period of time of 4yrs on a Jets roster in God knows how long. My main point of it all is that Enunwa (who might be done), Anderson (who’s already been arrested twice) and Kearse (the epitome of average) and 2 young wR that have barely seen the field in Stewart and Hansen is not enough. And a mid Round draft pick or a guy like Kerley isn’t an answer. It needs to be a good player. Landry or Moncrief need to be targeted. AR15 is my 1st option but apparently he’s staying.

8 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Moncrief isn't that good, wouldn't mind him as my #3 paired with some good possession guys but that's it. My take on the WR situation is I'd draft one in the 3/4 round and continue to build that way, don't want to spend a ton of money there unless we're getting A-Rob. DJ Moore WR from Maryland is a guy I love and think he'd be a good fit with the group of guys we have now.

So Enunwa is a #1 But Moncrief is a #3? I just gave stats the prove that Moncrief is leaps and bounds better than Enunwa. 

1 minute ago, Bianconero said:

Okay, not trying to convince you one way or the other but

Landry and Moncrief do not belong in the same sentence

Jeremy Kerley and Moncrief? Sure

/mythoughtsonthis

Absolutely Landry is better than Moncrief I’m not arguing that. Landry will also cost a ton more. But Moncrief is arguably better than any wR in our roster and would probably instantly be our #1.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

So Enunwa is a #1 But Moncrief is a #3? I just gave stats the prove that Moncrief is leaps and bounds better than Enunwa. 

So you've never actually seen Moncrief play?

High powered Colts offense in which he again, had a fluke TD % on very low reception total vs Enunwa, who I'm not saying I love, but played with Ryan Fitzpatrick

Mmmk

Archived