2018 NFL Draft Thread: Jets clinch 6th overall pick

jetskid007

1 hour ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

If the Broncos sign Cousins, they're essentially giving up on Lynch. So, if they don't sign Cousins, you better believe they will draft a QB at No. 5 overall.

Not necessarily.  Over the past few months, tons of beat reports for Denver have said that they could see Tyrod as a fit.  They also have said that Siemian is on the trade block.  They could be a team that takes a chance on a guy like Mason Rudolph in the 2nd.

4 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

If the Broncos sign Cousins, they're essentially giving up on Lynch. So, if they don't sign Cousins, you better believe they will draft a QB at No. 5 overall.

Not True Cousins could be signed for 5 years or so and be let go after 2 with very little hit after. Lynch might just need a few more years. Elway wants to win now and Cousins does too. It is a perfect match. 

9 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Not True Cousins could be signed for 5 years or so and be let go after 2 with very little hit after. Lynch might just need a few more years. Elway wants to win now and Cousins does too. It is a perfect match. 

Cousins will likely demand 3 years guaranteed, he wants commitment. I could see him leaving money on the table if he is a UFA but I think he'll get the Transition Tag.

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

The chance of Anderson not being on the roster next year, sure is going to change our thinking on the draft & FA"s. He was the only deep threat we had. And we are not 100% sure Enunwa, will be back either.

I'd have to imagine we look at WRs in FA but I think there is still a pretty good chance that we hold onto him for 2 more years unless the team was already sort or sour on him, then I think they use it as a reason to be done with him.

This regime generally lets legal matters play out until they make a decision (Richardson, Revis, ASJ). In a year when this case is finally closed people won't care as much as they do now and they won't be as criticized for holding on to him.

28 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

I'd have to imagine we look at WRs in FA but I think there is still a pretty good chance that we hold onto him for 2 more years unless the team was already sort or sour on him, then I think they use it as a reason to be done with him.

This regime generally lets legal matters play out until they make a decision (Richardson, Revis, ASJ). In a year when this case is finally closed people won't care as much as they do now and they won't be as criticized for holding on to him.

I was just thinking about this. It's true. 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

WR I thought should be addressed before this Robby situation. All it’s done for me is heighten the need. I feel a lot of people overrate Enunwa and Robby.

Agreed. Enunwa just missed a year with a neck injury and people want to trot him out there as our #1 wideout? We haven’t even seen him in extended time in that role.

If we are going to draft a rookie, he needs all the help he can get. We’ve also seen Cousins with a mediocre cast and it wasn’t good enough.

Adress the offense for once. That includes weapons,  not mid-late round draft picks that will get minimal snaps 

3 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

Anderson lawyer is already playing the race card. Which is only going to turn more people off on Anderson.

6 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Agreed. Enunwa just missed a year with a neck injury and people want to trot him out there as our #1 wideout? We haven’t even seen him in extended time in that role.

If we are going to draft a rookie, he needs all the help he can get. We’ve also seen Cousins with a mediocre cast and it wasn’t good enough.

Adress the offense for once. That includes weapons,  not mid-late round draft picks that will get minimal snaps 

Before Robby's incident it was more of a let's see if Enunwa is healthy before investing $15M in a top WR. I still sort of feel that way but I am 100% on Robinson where prior I was like 50-60% on him.

WR should absolutely be addressed but I dont necessarily think it has to be a player like Landry although it would be a heck of a pickup. Even a Jordan Matthews, or Donte Moncrief. Not sure what to think of Sammy Watkins, dont really love his attitude. Looks like Anderson will be here, likely a 4-game suspension though.

6 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

Sure, but I doubt people will care much come September. 

I do, I am the most lenient person when it comes to character issues on a team. Like you I am a big Anderson guy, but what he did is way over the top. I agree with EKILL08 we must address the WR position, either in the draft or FA. His actions just put more pressure on Mac for our offseason activity.

I think we have decent depth at WR, albeit with a lot of question marks. Beyond Anderson and Enunwa, we have solid production from Kearse and untapped potential in Stewart, Hansen and Smith.

I'm sure we'll add a WR, but I don't know if it will be significant.

17 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I think we have decent depth at WR, albeit with a lot of question marks. Beyond Anderson and Enunwa, we have solid production from Kearse and untapped potential in Stewart, Hansen and Smith.

I'm sure we'll add a WR, but I don't know if it will be significant.

I wonder how much will Jets play Enunwa inside since he had 2 neck surgeries. If Q feels uneasy playing from slot spot then Trey  Quinn could be the trick.  Cooper Kupp makes Jared Goff look solid.

Archived