2018 NFL Draft Thread: Jets clinch 6th overall pick

jetskid007

52 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

That is why Reese is out the door. To this day I still think Rivers is a better QB than Manning, but never had the defensive the Giants had. Do you think the Giants with a good chance of getting another franchise QB are not going to jump at a QB. in the draft. There is no question Eli is starting to slip, I am sure the Giants think he has one or two more years to play at a NFL caliber. To tell you the truth I don't much about Gettleman, but you can be sure the Mara & Tisch, will be there on draft day, not like our owner who could give a flying #*&@.

In the past Woody has tried to make personnel decisions/trades/FA moves, the last thing we want is him in the room telling Mac who to draft.  

23 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

The best franchises put football people in charge step back and let them do there jobs.

100% which is why Woody is essentially a clown. Maybe Chris will acknowledge this, shut his mouth, and let the adults speak. Woody wants his GM and coach to separately report back to him except Woody doesn't know jack**** about football. I do however think that since hiring Mac and Todd hes been a lot less hands on, and the drafts still haven't been all that successful. Mac's moves this offseason will dictate if he and Bowles are brought back. 

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

100% which is why Woody is essentially a clown. Maybe Chris will acknowledge this, shut his mouth, and let the adults speak. Woody wants his GM and coach to separately report back to him except Woody doesn't know jack**** about football. I do however think that since hiring Mac and Todd hes been a lot less hands on, and the drafts still haven't been all that successful. Mac's moves this offseason will dictate if he and Bowles are brought back. 

I don't know about that. He had a big say so in us bringing back Revis and Cro. I also think he had a huge say so in us bringing back Fitz. All moves set this franchise back long term.

56 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I don't know about that. He had a big say so in us bringing back Revis and Cro. I also think he had a huge say so in us bringing back Fitz. All moves set this franchise back long term.

Tim Tebow..  What a raucous move.

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I'm trying to come around on Mayfield. It's a gradual process.

This QB class is so deep that I'm praying Mac double-dips. Between the big 5, Rudolph, Falk, Mike White, Lauletta, etc. Take a guy at 6 if we don't get Cousins and take another in the 3rd or 4th round. 

Will Jets double dip at qb after trading up in 1st?   I am starting to get familiar with Trevor Rogers, New Mexico State qb, for UDFA signing although he is outside of Maccagnan's circle since I don't think I would want Tanner Lee at all.  Rogers is wild but looks better than Lee.

7 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Will Jets double dip at qb after trading up in 1st?   I am starting to get familiar with Trevor Rogers, New Mexico State qb, for UDFA signing although he is outside of Maccagnan's circle since I don't think I would want Tanner Lee at all.  Rogers is wild but looks better than Lee.

Yeah, Tanner is awful

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

This QB class is so deep that I'm praying Mac double-dips. Between the big 5, Rudolph, Falk, Mike White, Lauletta, etc. Take a guy at 6 if we don't get Cousins and take another in the 3rd or 4th round. 

Not a bad idea. We need 3 new QB's anyway. We can give Hack another year I guess.

Rosen/Mayfield at 6. White/Lauletta in the 4th. I'd be down for that. 

4 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Could you imagine the out cry if the mid round guy is better than the 1st round pick. I dont think well draft more than one QB. Im just glad its going to get address and not with a veteran journeyman. 

Another RGIII and Cousins scenario then!! Could you of imagined if RGIII had stayed healthy. They would of had two franchise QBs. We only want one!! ?

9 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Funny you say that in 1965 The Jets drafted the two best QB's in the country Joe Namath & John Huarte, from ND. That was the year they started to build their Super Bowl team. John Huarte, was the Heisman trophy winner on that powerful ND team. It worked than, Huarte, never did much in the NFL, but Namath, got us a SB win. This kid Mayfield has the same fire in his belly as Namath had, whether he has the same talent I have no idea, but I doubt it.

Archived