The Official Boxing Thread IV - Golovkin vs Alvarez

J-ALL-DAY

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2021 at 8:14 AM, J-ALL-DAY said:

So looks like Tank vs Garcia may be happening early 2021. I can't wait! Two power punchers that will be looking to put the other to sleep. Guaranteed action packed fight for as long as it lasts. 

I love Garcia, he's from my hometown. But I pray that he does not fight Tank next, he's not ready yet. He needs to go the traditional boxing route, pad his record, then fight Tank in 10 years. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2020 at 8:39 PM, J-ALL-DAY said:

But if Floyd doesn't want to fight any real fights then so be it. He's 43 years old and has done enough in the sport. 

Porter called out Crawford last night and I so hope that fight happens. Will answer a lot of questions regarding Crawford at WW. 

Porter/Thurman rematch needs to happen first IMO.  

On 12/20/2020 at 12:18 AM, beekay414 said:

Boxing keeps stealing people's money with fights like this. Do what MMA does and give us the best fights FFS. This isn't 1980.

I don't watch MMA but to say boxing is stealing money and MMA doesn't is a terrible take. Both brands are going to always to try ad do what's best on the business side of things because afterall it's a business.  There are still alot factors that go into putting together a fight.

It's not as simple as one saying "lets put this person against another and make it happen". Neither brand does that. 

On 2/10/2021 at 3:02 AM, JAF-N72EX said:

I don't watch MMA but to say boxing is stealing money and MMA doesn't is a terrible take. Both brands are going to always to try ad do what's best on the business side of things because afterall it's a business.  There are still alot factors that go into putting together a fight.

It's not as simple as one saying "lets put this person against another and make it happen". Neither brand does that. 

I'm gonna stop you there Chief. It happens WAY more in MMA than Boxing. If Crawford and Spence were in MMA they would've fought already.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Showtime announced their spring/summer schedule:

Charlo vs Castano for all four belts is a banger!!!

Nery vs Figeuroa is a war and love that the winner is facing Fulton in September.

Tank vs Barrios has some intrigue but I'm more so interested in Lubin vs Rosario which is going could be a WAR.

Hopefully Donaire has one more fight left in him and can give us a good one vs Oubaali.