Browns OC search

hornbybrown

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

His time as both Eagles and Vikings OC has been pretty impressive.

Perhaps people aren’t viewing not winning as a Browns coach as a huge negative.

Yeah that could be. I think he’s definitely one of those better coordinator than HC type. 

It's honestly ridiculous. I've made 2 errors on former HC's AND GM's in the last week. I feel like it's Groundhog's Day with different faces and forgettable names spewing the same one liners over the past 10 years. Here they are:

*Sustained Success

*We are "competing" after tough losses

*I'll have to go back and watch the film

*We really like what (Insert over-drafted QB in the first round who is the 3rd-4th best prospect in the draft OR mid tier 3rd-4th rounder) brings to the table with his intangibles

*Anything with the words "rebuilding" or "foundation"

*We have a LOT of cap space to work with (Which we will then clear even MORE out to give hope to our fanbase, only not to spend it 95% of the time)

I know I'm forgetting others, but thought of these in about two minutes.

12 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I heard that Zampeezeze could also just be interviewing for a assistant coaches position, not OC if the Browns liked Sean Ryan so much.

So there is a posibility that the Browns could get both and have Ryan be the OC and Zampeze be AHC.

I’d be fine with that. Let zamp work with the QBs. 

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

It's honestly ridiculous. I've made 2 errors on former HC's AND GM's in the last week. I feel like it's Groundhog's Day with different faces and forgettable names spewing the same one liners over the past 10 years. Here they are:

*Sustained Success

*We are "competing" after tough losses

*I'll have to go back and watch the film

*We really like what (Insert over-drafted QB in the first round who is the 3rd-4th best prospect in the draft OR mid tier 3rd-4th rounder) brings to the table with his intangibles

*Anything with the words "rebuilding" or "foundation"

*We have a LOT of cap space to work with (Which we will then clear even MORE out to give hope to our fanbase, only not to spend it 95% of the time)

I know I'm forgetting others, but thought of these in about two minutes.

Don't forget the Butch Davis classic "they fought their guts out"

Just now, dawgdish said:

Don't forget the Butch Davis classic "they fought their guts out"

I'm one of the few that liked Butch the COACH. He had a great personality and the players loved him. He made them competitive overnight and took them to the playoffs. Plus, if Northcutt catches that easy ball, they win a playoff game.

What I didn't like was Butch the GM who put us in Salary Cap Armageddon and sent us into a 5 year nose-dive.

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'm one of the few that liked Butch the COACH. He had a great personality and the players loved him. He made them competitive overnight and took them to the playoffs. Plus, if Northcutt catches that easy ball, they win a playoff game.

What I didn't like was Butch the GM who put us in Salary Cap Armageddon and sent us into a 5 year nose-dive.

I think most people feel this way. 

Same with mangini. Good coach but terrible evaluator. 

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Yeah I loved Butch the coach. He was out of his element as a GM. 

Archived