Browns OC search

hornbybrown

20 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I'm one of the few that liked Butch the COACH. He had a great personality and the players loved him. He made them competitive overnight and took them to the playoffs. Plus, if Northcutt catches that easy ball, they win a playoff game.

What I didn't like was Butch the GM who put us in Salary Cap Armageddon and sent us into a 5 year nose-dive.

Im one of the few that liked Butch the underwear model.

On 1/11/2018 at 2:16 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

I think most people feel this way. 

Same with mangini. Good coach but terrible evaluator. 

Yup.  Not quite old enough to view Butch objectively but Mangini was both the best coach and worst drafter I've seen us have.

Not that it should surprise anyone, but ...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-no-offer-for-texans-qb-coach-sean-ryan/

During an appearance on the Bull & Fox Show on 92.3 The Fan, Mary Kay Cabot revealed that an offer to be the new Cleveland Browns offensive coordinator was not extended to Houston Texans quarterbacks coach Sean Ryan following his interview Wednesday.

Cabot said that Jackson was not willing to hand over play-calling duties to Ryan, which was a pre-requisite for him leaving his job and head coach Bill O'Brien. 

Here's what I don't understand though - why bring Ryan in at all? It was said from the get-go that he wanted play calling duties and Hue had to have known all along that he wasn't giving that responsibility up, so clearly this doomed to be a mismatch from the start. Was this Dorsey trying to flex muscle and forcing Hue to just take the interview? 

13 minutes ago, BwickRedux said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-no-offer-for-texans-qb-coach-sean-ryan/

Here's what I don't understand though - why bring Ryan in at all? It was said from the get-go that he wanted play calling duties and Hue had to have known all along that he wasn't giving that responsibility up, so clearly this doomed to be a mismatch from the start. Was this Dorsey trying to flex muscle and forcing Hue to just take the interview? 

Another shotgun marriage doomed from the start....

I don’t know if true but read on reddit or Twitter that Hue has a major buy out or something like that if he was fired/let go before two years. Jan 13th Hue would hit the two year mark as HC. Maybe the staff had been cleaned out to prepare for the new HC or who knows.

hue better not be the playcaller next year. He just isn’t good doing a dual job still. If he refuses to hire a legit OC they need to do something about him

16 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I don’t know if true but read on reddit or Twitter that Hue has a major buy out or something like that if he was fired/let go before two years. Jan 13th Hue would hit the two year mark as HC. Maybe the staff had been cleaned out to prepare for the new HC or who knows.

hue better not be the playcaller next year. He just isn’t good doing a dual job still. If he refuses to hire a legit OC they need to do something about him

It’s strange how we’ve never heard a single detail about his contract. Usually you at least hear about the length. So I’ll call bs on that rumor it’s too detailed. 

3 hours ago, BwickRedux said:

This was just Hueball programming failure in the search for a good OC.

Doesn't want someone who could challenge him and strip him of a layer of job protection.

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

It’s strange how we’ve never heard a single detail about his contract. Usually you at least hear about the length. So I’ll call bs on that rumor it’s too detailed. 

I heard and posted the same rumor a while ago.

Eight figures, supposedly.

No authoritative source.

Archived