Your College Team's NFL Prospects

ChaRisMa

1 hour ago, IDOG_det said:

I think you're underselling him a little bit. He's got good size for a LB, he's a very underrated athlete, and he's a very smart player as well. He pretty much always makes the right decisions and reads the offense well. He's pretty solid in coverage and matches up well against tight ends. He doesn't really miss tackles in the open field. He can take on offensive lineman at the college level and should fare pretty well there in the NFL as well. I think he could be a 1st round or 2nd round linebacker if he keeps working on becoming a better athlete, keeps working on getting stronger, and gets a little better/more consistent in coverage. If you watch the tape and just focus on him, he's really impressive.

Honestly, I am higher on him then I have been on an Iowa guy in a while but I have been burnt by some of my analysis on Iowa guys in the past. There are some horrendous comments on this very website on the career projection of Ricky Stanzi. But he is great and was a huge reason for that undefeated season in 2015. He could go as high as the 2nd or maybe even the 1st round, but being realistic, we lost some key pieces of our defense.. Desmond King, Jaleel Johnson, and Faith Ekakitie. He's great at everything you mentioned but I still don't think he's gonna be providing much pass rush.

RB-Nick Chubb(SR)

(1-3)If he shows that he is healthy, he can definitely go in the first round.

RB-Sony Michel(SR)

(2-4)Good compliment back with speed and ability to catch the ball out of the backfield

WR-Javon Wims(SR)

(TBD)Maybe a little wishful thinking but came on at the end of last season, and will be a starter this year. Great size/speed combo. Came from JUCO.

TE-Jeb Blazevich(SR)

(5-UDFA)Got passed on the depth chart by 5* Issac Nauta, but is a very good blocker, and has good hands. Not the most athletically gifted.

OG-Isaiah Wynn(SR)

(5-7)Has played C/G/T at Georgia, but guard is his best fit, and would probably excel in a zone blocking scheme.

DT-Trent Thompson(JR)

(1-3)Had a very good spohomore season. Can probably either play the 5T or a UT at the next level. Good pash rusher for his size. Former #1 high school prospect.

DT-Jon Atkins(SR)

(6-UDFA)Has played the nose for Georgia since he came on campus, but is probably a little undersized for it at the next level. Probably a rotation guy at best.

OLB-Lorenzo Carter(SR)

(1-5)Will probably test out as one of best in the class. Has been a little underwhelming at Georgia, but can be a force if he puts everything together.

OLB-Davin Bellamy(SR)

(3-5)More well rounded than Carter, but doesnt have quite the pass rushing ability. Similar to former Dawg, and current Jet, Jordan Jenkins.

ILB-Natrez Patrick(JR)

(3-5)I doubt he comes out unless he has a great season, but does have the size/skill combo to be a factor at the next level.

ILB-Reggie Carter(SR)

(6-UDFA)Never became a full time starter while at Georgia, but has shown some flashes, and is a good special teams player. Not very fast.

ILB-Roquan Smith(JR)

(2-4)Smith is a guy that could fly up draft boards if he has another great season. Everything you look for in a LB. Could play OLB in some schemes because of his coverage ability.

CB-Malkolm Parrish(SR)

(3-6)If he was a little taller, he could go much higher. Has been the #1 corner since his soph year, and is good in coverage, but what stands out with Parrish is his tackling ability.

CB-Aaron Davis(SR)

(5-UDFA)Former walk on. Can play multiple positions, and safety might be where he is best. Is 6'1 and thick. Descent coverage ability. Stiff at times.

SS-Dominick Sanders(SR)

(5-UDFA)Had a very bad 2016 season after two very good years. A ball hawk. Knows how to get interceptions. Not good in coverage.

The U

RB Mark Walton(2nd) JR

WR Braxton Berrios(6th)

TE Chris Herndon(3rd)

OT KC McDermott(6th)

OG Trevor Darling(7th)

C Nick Linder(UDFA)

DE Chad Thomas(3rd)

CB Dee Delaney(2nd)

DT RJ McIntosh(4th) JR

DT Kendrick Norton(1st/2nd) JR

DE Trent Harris(6th)

DT Anthony Moten(UDFA)

2019 - Based off what I've seen so far

WR Ahmmon Richards(1st)

DE Joe Jackson(1st)

DE Demetrius Jackson(6th)

LB Shaq Quarterman(2nd)

LB Michael Pinckney(2nd)

LB Zach McCloud(1st)

S Jaquan Johnson(4th)

OT Tyree St. Louis(4th)

OL Tyler Gauthier(6th)

Edited by ttitansfan4life

21 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Proud of what he's done so far. Coached against him in high school.

Definitely been overshadowed by Smith these past couple years, but he is good. It would be good for him(not for Georgia) if Smith declares after this year so the defense can be all his.

On 7/26/2017 at 6:20 PM, ChaRisMa said:

List your team, the players you expect to be drafted (or just be a training camp body if you wish), position, ideally a short thought on his pro potential and/or role, and best guess at draft position.

Wisconsin Badgers (HOLY CRAP THIS FORUMS FONT COLOR SETUP IS THE CATS PAJAMAS)

OL Michael Dieter. JR. 6'6" 315 LBS. Versatile, having seen reps at LT, G, and C.  A four year starter for a Badger program that churns out NFL OL. Not a special talent but a guy you can rely on to perform against big uglies. Every year there seems to be one Badger OL who jumps up boards, but for now, his ceiling is limited by the lack of great experience at LT. Projected Round: 3-4. 

TE Troy Fumagalli. 6'6" 245 LBS. Big target was a terror in front of safeties and seemed to get away from linebacker coverage well enough despite not being a speed guy. Should be in the league for a while a la former Badger Garrett Graham, but won't be a dominant pass threat. Projected Round: 3-4. 

ILB Jack Cichy. 6'2" 220 LBS. He's going to be a WILL LB in a 43 rather than a 34 ILB, but his instincts are there and he's the lunch pail type coaches never seem to be able to get enough of. With a torn pectoral muscle ending his 2016 campaign a little prematurely, his draft stock largely depends on his health this year. Projected Round: 5-7.

Agreed completely with your list. Dieter's stock goes even higher if he shows he can handle LT at all this year. I also think Obasih and James find themselves on, at least, TC rosters. I'm also assuming you're talking strictly about the 2018 draft? If we take 2019 into consideration, I highly expect Jon Dietzen to make lists.

On August 5, 2017 at 2:12 PM, bkobow05 said:

Agreed completely with your list. Dieter's stock goes even higher if he shows he can handle LT at all this year. I also think Obasih and James find themselves on, at least, TC rosters. I'm also assuming you're talking strictly about the 2018 draft? If we take 2019 into consideration, I highly expect Jon Dietzen to make lists.

Yeah 2018 only. Also think there are a couple corners who will be in camps.

University of Maryland (only listing draft eligible guys)

Damian Prince, OT/OG, Jr.

Blue chipper who has continuously flashed natural ability.  Great run blocker who was instrumental in one of the best running offenses in the country last season.  6-3 315 frame likely profiles at guard at the next level, but is a definite pro prospect. Prediction: Early 2nd round

Ty Johnson, RB, Jr.

Led the nation in YPC last season, racking up 1,000 yards on only 110 carries.  One-cut speed back, who I could see thriving in a ZBS.  Reminds me a bit of Clinton Portis when he came out Miami.  One of the most underrated prospects in the country IMHO.  Prediction: 2nd -3rd round

Jermaine Carter Jr., ILB, Sr.

Plays the run and the pass very well.  Athleticism and leadership will make him an asset at the next level.  Team captain who has led the squad in tackles each of the last two seasons. Prediction: 3rd - 5th round

JC Jackson, CB, Jr.

Former Florida recruit who went to a Juco before ending up in College Park.  Long athlete (6-1, 193) who led the team in PBU last season.  Projects on the outside at the next level. Prediction: 4th round

There's other guys I like, but these are the ones I think are the most likely candidates, particularly for a team without a draftee this past year (Will Likely will make a team, though, IMO. Pats very smart to have him in camp).

Utah Utes-Chance to be drafted

(2nd-3rd round) Lowell Lotulelei, DT, SR-6'2 320lbs

(2nd-3rd round)  Kylie Fitts, DE, SR-6'4 260lbs

(4th-6thround) Filipo Mokofisi, DT, SR-6'3 295lbs

(4th-6thround) Salesi Uhatafe, OT/OG, SR-6'5 320lbs

(4th-6thround)  Kavika Luafatasaga, LB, SR-6'4 235lbs

(2nd-3rd round) Darren Carrington II, WR, SR-6'2 205lbs

(2nd-3rd round)  Chase Hansen, SS, JR-6'3 220lbs

(6th-7th round)  Lo Falamaka, OC, SR-6'5 287lbs

UDFA

Troy Williams, QB, SR

Harrison Handley, TE, SR (maybe a late round pick)

Siale Fakailoatonga, TE, SR

Sunia Tauleoli, LB, SR

Edited by daineraider

On 8/4/2017 at 4:41 PM, ttitansfan4life said:

The U

RB Mark Walton(2nd) JR 

WR Braxton Berrios(6th)

TE Chris Herndon(3rd)

OT KC McDermott(6th)

OG Trevor Darling(7th)

C Nick Linder(UDFA)

DE Chad Thomas(3rd)

CB Dee Delaney(2nd)

DT RJ McIntosh(4th) JR

DT Kendrick Norton(1st/2nd) JR

DE Trent Harris(6th)

DT Anthony Moten(UDFA)

2019 - Based off what I've seen so far

WR Ahmmon Richards(1st)

DE Joe Jackson(1st)

DE Demetrius Jackson(6th)

LB Shaq Quarterman(2nd)

LB Michael Pinckney(2nd)

LB Zach McCloud(1st)

S Jaquan Johnson(4th)

OT Tyree St. Louis(4th)

OL Tyler Gauthier(6th)

I'm surprised you have McCloud ahead of Quarterman and Pinckney. I think Quart and Pink are better.

1. Quart (1st)

2. Pinckney (2nd)

3. McCloud (4th)

that would be my ranking based of their freshman seasons.

Miami has the best front 7 in CFB not counting Alabama. Their offense is bleh and their back 7 on D scares me. I'm surprised to see Dee Delaney so high on that list. I know he's got a lot of physical tools, but I can't see him going that high.

5 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I'm surprised you have McCloud ahead of Quarterman and Pinckney. I think Quart and Pink are better.

1. Quart (1st)

2. Pinckney (2nd)

3. McCloud (4th)

that would be my ranking based of their freshman seasons.

Miami has the best front 7 in CFB not counting Alabama. Their offense is bleh and their back 7 on D scares me. I'm surprised to see Dee Delaney so high on that list. I know he's got a lot of physical tools, but I can't see him going that high.

McCloud was playing the best out of the 3 at the end of last season. He also has the highest potential of the 3. If healthy, he'll be going the highest of the 3. As far as Delaney, the rumor was he was projected to go as high as the 5th last year coming out of the Citadel. He chose to grad transfer and play at bigger school against better competition to raise his stock.  I see no reason he can't be drafted that high. Come in and shut some WRs down in the ACC. He's got size and athleticism and his experience against the bigger schools while playing at the Citadel was actually pretty solid. Out of all the 2017 class/transfers, I'm most excited to see him.

2 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

TEXAS LONGHORNS

Malik Jefferson and Connor Williams are the obvious two. Haven't really looked at the rest of the roster, but I'm sure @Texasmade can provide better insight. 

Malik is overrated. It's not even a given that he's going to be a starter this year.

Connor Williams is legit though. PJ Locke, Kris Boyd and Charles Omenihu are 3 guys I'd keep an eye on.