Chargers Acquire QB Cardale Jones via trade

Dr LBC

9 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I don't understand why we did this? Now our only back-up is a 5th round rookie, and TJ Yates. And Cardale had potential and if we suck this year, and, yeah we're gonna suck this year, at least we could have maybe seen if he could play at an NFL level.

Nathan Peterman is the future of the Buffalo Bills and he and Shady McCoy will lead you to victory. H2P!

maybe your team is confident enough in both of the backups though that they don't think they need Cardale Jones. win-win, hopefully.

55 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Cardale's method to success:

1. Throw jump ball
2. Hope my team gets it even though it'll be inaccurate
3.  ????
4. PROFIT!!

Jones has accuracy issues and issues with pressure but he was never a throw up a jump ball type QB. He held on to the ball too long trying not to throw those types of passes.

49 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Jones has accuracy issues and issues with pressure but he was never a throw up a jump ball type QB. He held on to the ball too long trying not to throw those types of passes.

He QBd the team that took us to a NC victory so for that, I'm forever in-debt. It was a remarkable year. Best in CFB history lol but I was mainly just describing his deep passes. They were so terribly inaccurate all the time and our WRs that year made him who he was. Not just some moron who "don't play no school"

5 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

He QBd the team that took us to a NC victory so for that, I'm forever in-debt. It was a remarkable year. Best in CFB history lol but I was mainly just describing his deep passes. They were so terribly inaccurate all the time and our WRs that year made him who he was. Not just some moron who "don't play no school"

23-0 in games that he appeared in. Most of it wasn't because of him but it's still true.

His deep or intermediate/deep passes were his best attribute. His problem was that teams tried taking that away and he held on to the ball too long and the pass rush would get to him.

Good deal for both sides. Jones gets to stay in Anthony Lynns system and will get a chance to learn under a vet like Rivers.

And this allows us to keep TJ Yates as a backup who knows the system better than any QB on the roster and groom Nate Peterman who is a better fit for Dennisons system than Cardale.

We were gonna most likely cut him so atleast we got something for him.

6 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

23-0 in games that he appeared in. Most of it wasn't because of him but it's still true.

His deep or intermediate/deep passes were his best attribute. His problem was that teams tried taking that away and he held on to the ball too long and the pass rush would get to him.

I wonder what he could of been if Herman stated as the OC and QB for the season after winning the title. When it came to that three game run, he handled everything like a QB who had been starting for a couple seasons and not a couple of games.

Beck comes into the program and gets his hands on the QBs and now they hold onto everything too long and cant throw anything with timing. Saw some of the same issues with Barrett this year. Only saving grace was Barrett's ability to scramble. 

I think being on the Chargers is a good thing for him. I think being in the same offense as Rivers would benefit him. I think his skill set is suited for an offense like the Chargers than an offense like the bills. 

10 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Ugg. Cardale was and is not a good QB. Inaccuracy and bird dogging are his thing. 

He was good enough, never lost in college. He wasn't great (was in 2014) and probably never will be but he wasn't Stanley Jackson either. Only 1 game under a 100 rating (with 3 or more pass attempts) JT is at 3 consecutive. Turns out that Braxton was probably the best of the bunch but I'd put Cardale at #2 because JT's highs aren't worth the lows because when he is bad he is the worst.

Cardale at least is an NFL prospect as a QB because of his physical abilities, Braxton and JT can't say that.

He's 24 years old, he doesnt need to be the most perfect completely polished player for this to be a good deal for the Chargers. QB's take more time than any position to develop lets not jump the gun on Cardales career arc. 

On 7/27/2017 at 2:27 PM, marshawn lynch said:

Good deal for both sides. Jones gets to stay in Anthony Lynns system and will get a chance to learn under a vet like Rivers.

And this allows us to keep TJ Yates as a backup who knows the system better than any QB on the roster and groom Nate Peterman who is a better fit for Dennisons system than Cardale.

We were gonna most likely cut him so atleast we got something for him.

I thought this was a good deal for the Bills and probably a little better than an OK deal for the Chargers. Chargers get a QB familiar with Lynn's terminology and offense. I agree that Jones is not a good fit for Dennison's offense, but I felt he was better suited to the Cardinals instead. Jones strength is going vertical, not working the field horizontally. Lynn's offense seems to have more of that than the former in it. From the Bills point of view, the remaining QB's will get more snaps in the off-season, which I like.

Archived