Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

9 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

already successful.

get playoff experience in the rookie coaches first year

I can agree with this. Going into the year I thought this was a 10 win team that was a year away on offense (too many questions at skill positions, youth, first year coach). Right now the expectations are division win, and a competitive playoff game at home. A playoff win and a deep run is gravy 

• Like 1

On 12/14/2019 at 9:34 AM, Leader said:

Peter Bukowski -   This is CRAZY: The Packers average 14.2 yards on 2nd-and-short this season, best in the league and more than double the second-best team. The average NFL team from 2013-18 was 4.1 yards. The Packers are also the only team in the league who throws more than 50% of the time on 2nd-and-short. This is a smart strategy. Rodgers has two 50+ yard plays in those situations. The rest of the NFL combined has one.

The problem is it feels like if they are 2nd and 10 or more it's a punt 99% of the time. I have no stats to back this, and it's pretty obvious that the % should drop, but this offense rarely recovers from a negative play or penalty - so it seems. MLF harps on it constantly, and he should, but almost to a fault. It shouldn't be a wasted possession just because they aren't 2nd and 4 every series of downs. It's unrealistic. 

Edited by cannondale

2 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Watching the Steelers game and TJ Watt would look really frickin good on the Packers.  What a stud, hard playing football player.  Kevin King is nice ... Watt is nicer.

ditto...... TJ was always the better pick he would have been amazing in green and gold.  Kevin King........hes fine i guess.  hes not TJ Watt though.

Some good stuff from MM in the article, including addressing common criticisms heard in his last few seasons:

"I think this time with the other coaches has given me that opportunity, and you have to be honest. We got away from motion and shifts and multiple personnel groups that we used in the past, so you look at the why . . . and quite frankly you apply it to the next opportunity.”

3 hours ago, Striker said:

Some good stuff from MM in the article, including addressing common criticisms heard in his last few seasons:

"I think this time with the other coaches has given me that opportunity, and you have to be honest. We got away from motion and shifts and multiple personnel groups that we used in the past, so you look at the why . . . and quite frankly you apply it to the next opportunity.”

It looks like Jonathan Winters stole Mac’s car. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Striker said:

Mac talks a lot about embracing advanced analytics.  Even cites PFF and NextGen stats.  Talks about putting in an Analytics and Technology team.  Anyone here going to apply?

5 hours ago, Striker said:

Wearing that Badgers hat was thought out.

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Mac talks a lot about embracing advanced analytics.  Even cites PFF and NextGen stats.  Talks about putting in an Analytics and Technology team.  Anyone here going to apply?

Anyone remember a similar situation with a coach sitting down with multiple reporters to pitch his return to the NFL?

7 hours ago, Striker said:

Pelissero, King, who is next on the Mike McCarthy public relations tour?

• Like 1