Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

48 minutes ago, Joe said:

I wouldn't exactly say Josh Jackson was our whipping boy. He was a disappointment, but it's not like he was Jarrett Bush or LaDarius Gunter in coverage.

It's Lancaster without a doubt at this point simply because he's a JAG; though I could definitely see Patrick get shuttled into that role rather quickly.

Actually, yes it is! He's exactly like those two, but Bush was a stud on special teams and he had an interception in his career, 4 to be exact plus one in the Super Bowl as a matter of fact. He and Gunter both had 12 passes defended in their career. Gunter did it in one season. 

Oh and Bush and Gunter were UDFA, not second round picks. 

Edited by Old Guy

56 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Actually, yes it is! He's exactly like those two, but Bush was a stud on special teams and he had an interception in his career, 4 to be exact plus one in the Super Bowl as a matter of fact. He and Gunter both had 12 passes defended in their career. Gunter did it in one season. 

Oh and Bush and Gunter were UDFA, not second round picks. 

He wasn't a liability in coverage like those two. When's the last time you remember Josh Jackson having a Kevin King-esque game? Never, because he never saw the field enough to make an impact and didn't make boneheaded moves on ST's like Bush did.

9 minutes ago, Joe said:

He wasn't a liability in coverage like those two. When's the last time you remember Josh Jackson having a Kevin King-esque game? Never, because he never saw the field enough to make an impact and didn't make boneheaded moves on ST's like Bush did.

Your original point was about how Jackson wasn't as bad as Bush or Gunter in coverage. Your answer above speaks to how bad Jackson is in coverage because he can't get on the field enough because he can't cover. You do realize this no? So thank you for making my point. Even though you didn't intend to.

😂

Edited by Old Guy

Speaking of Samuels, I don't know for sure, but I remember at TC he was one of the players always wearing a mask (and there weren't many). Could be he wasn't vaccinated, which possibly played a role in his release this early. Just speculation of course.

As for our new CB...

Peter Bukowski -    Isaac Yiadom has played all 16 games each of the last two years including 18 total starts. Considering the injury concerns with Kevin King, you need your backup/special teamers to be available. Depth isn't depth if you're with the rehab group at practice.

8 hours ago, Leader said:

Peter Bukowski -    Isaac Yiadom has played all 16 games each of the last two years including 18 total starts. Considering the injury concerns with Kevin King, you need your backup/special teamers to be available. Depth isn't depth if you're with the rehab group at practice.

Does anybody know what is wrong with Kevin King this time? Time frame for his return? Is he back week 1 or does he go on PUP? 

I've got a feeling we wasted about 8 million dollars on bringing this guy back.