Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

My gut feeling is that Stenavich will get blocked and offered the Packers coordinator job because he's LaFleur's guy.

Getsy is a MM holdover and was probably hired to be QB coach at Rodgers behest.

The fact that Getsy already interviewed with the Broncos shows how this will likely shake out. The interview request for Stenavich is probably just a strategic play to force the Packers hand nothing more.

Edited by Chili
  • Like 1

Andy Herman -  Get your Dramamine ready because you know what this drama means. On the flip side good for Hackett. He earned it and deserved it. Reports of losing Steno are really, really tough. Maybe tougher than losing Hackett. Getsy new OC in GB??? Butkus new OL coach? The dominos begin.

Aaron Nagler -  "We’ve got to get one of these at home. It’s a different ballgame. It’s different playing in 20-degree weather and snow." Rodgers after the Packers lost a 4th NFCCG on the road.

Since then, a NFCCG loss in Lambeau then homefield throughout and couldn't even GET to the NFCCG.

25 minutes ago, Chili said:

My gut feeling is that Stenavich will get blocked and offered the Packers coordinator job because he's LaFleur's guy.

Getsy is a MM holdover and was probably hired to be QB coach at Rodgers behest.

The fact that Getsy already interviewed with the Broncos shows how this will likely shake out. The interview request for Stenavich is probably just a strategic play to force the Packers hand nothing more.

I hope you're right. Stenavitch would be the biggest loss of the off-season. 

What he's done for our OL and run game has been tremendous. 

Both will be needed if Love is to learn his craft under centre next year. 

We interviewed Ejiro Evero last offseason for the def coordinator job. He was highlighted as someone who could implement Fangio's style defence for us. He got close but we hired Barry instead to do the same thing.

Well....Denver fired Fangio and the pieces are already in place for Evero to carry on where he left off and he is already the favourite for the DC gig. It's funny how all the pieces have fallen perfectly for Denver so far.

Wouldn't surprise me if Hackett was involved in the interview process last year with Evero. He probably already got a good handle on Evero on whether he's suitable to be def coordinator.

Edited by Chili

2 hours ago, Chili said:

Confirmed Hackett gone.

I remember reading some awful takes form people on here trying to discredit Hackett.

My advice was to ignore anyone who has a strong opinion on non-head coaches because fans couldn't be any more clueless about how good assistant coaches are lol

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

One has to wonder if a deal is already in place for Rodgers to Denver. Too many things lining up for this to all be a coincidence. 

As I said.....it feels to me to have all the subtlety of Holgren's "rumored" move to SEA.
The Packers played the majority of that season (and SB) under that cloud.