Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

17 hours ago, MrBobGray said:

It's more than the yips.  The yips is a lack of belief in your own ability to perform a task, but what I suspect Rodgers has is an excess of belief in his own talent.  He wants to be the one in control of the game and the success of each play, because he has the most faith in himself.  The issue is that he plays QB; it's a position that is a contradiction because it's the most important job on the field, but it has to pass the ball off every play.  It's not like basketball, where you can call your own number on the game winner, the ball has to go to someone else to make the play.  That's where I think Rodgers gets caught in limbo.  He wants so badly to create the win, but he can't do that without involving someone else. 

He's incapable of being deferential with the football

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Believe LaFleur said in his presser they'll promote. Imagine it will be Getsy or Steno. 

I suspect Hackett will want to bring one of them to be his offensive coordinator and since Getsey was interviewed by the Broncos I suspect it might be him.

4 minutes ago, Chili said:

I suspect Hackett will want to bring one of them to be his offensive coordinator and since Getsey was interviewed by the Broncos I suspect it might be him.

Hackett has coached for 3 years here and 6 years at other stops, not out of the question he's got someone else he's worked with he'd want to be OC. Or like LaFleur when he hired him, he might want a new start with someone he's never worked with for fresh ideas. 

27 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Hackett has coached for 3 years here and 6 years at other stops, not out of the question he's got someone else he's worked with he'd want to be OC. Or like LaFleur when he hired him, he might want a new start with someone he's never worked with for fresh ideas. 

No argument from me here. However Rodgers likes HIS guys and hiring Getsy as offensive coordinator would be a really good strategic move to lure Rodgers over to the Broncos.

I suspect LaFleur did the very same thing by hiring Getsy in the first place as a way to placate Rodgers and ease the transition from MM offense to his.

Rodgers moaned about losing Nelson, moaned about losing Van Pelt, moaned about losing Cobb. losing Matthews etc.. Gute had to bring Cobb back to calm the storm. Rodger likes HIS guys.

18 minutes ago, Chili said:

No argument from me here. However Rodgers likes HIS guys and hiring Getsy as offensive coordinator would be a really good strategic move to lure Rodgers over to the Broncos.

I suspect LaFleur did the very same thing by hiring Getsy in the first place as a way to placate Rodgers and ease the transition from MM offense to his.

Rodgers moaned about losing Nelson, moaned about losing Van Pelt, moaned about losing Cobb. losing Matthews etc.. Gute had to bring Cobb back to calm the storm. Rodger likes HIS guys.

Clearly, which is why it is better to get those type of guys out of town before they destroy your salary cap with 'their guys' being overpaid. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chili said:

Hackett, Getsy, AR & Davante - all to DEN?

Give me a break.

I'd trade Davante to MIA just out of spite!  :)

11 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I know Hackett has interviewed in some places, but from what I can tell many of those places look to be moving forward with other candidates. 

Hackett just got a second interview in Denver.  If he gets that gig I would not be surprised to see Getsy get the OC job there.  If that happens the Rodgers/Adams to Denver smoke will really start to billow

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Hackett just got a second interview in Denver.  If he gets that gig I would not be surprised to see Getsy get the OC job there.  If that happens the Rodgers/Adams to Denver smoke will really start to billow

I'm not giving them Davante! LOL

Trade him to the Chargers :)

Edited by Leader