Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

I've just realised that in the space of 6 days we have released FOUR defensive linemen.

Keke, Heflin, Anderson and McIntosh.

AND Lancaster is now a free agent

So right now we have just three DL on the entire Packers roster. It's not often I see the Packers go into the offseason with a completely decimated position group.

Edited by Chili

16 minutes ago, Chili said:

I've just realised that in the space of 6 days we have released FOUR defensive linemen.

So right now we have just three DL on the entire Packers roster. It's not often I see the Packers go into the offseason with a completely decimated position group.

Well, most of them were offensive defensive linemen.

Okay...I'll see myself out.

6 hours ago, Striker said:

In a perfect world, the Packers do what the Patriots just did. Eat a year of mediocrity in a bad cap year and then restock in '23.

Also draft well. That would help too.

Definitely. The Pats were also in a great spot because they cleared their books in a year that very few teams had money and free agents were relatively cheap. BB essentially went and bought himself a defense. While it helped his rookie QB regular season, that defense got shredded by Josh Allen in the post season. It was still the right idea and some of those contracts will be very reasonable once the cap goes up in ‘23. 

4 hours ago, Leader said:

Hackett, Getsy, AR & Davante - all to DEN?

Give me a break.

I'd trade Davante to MIA just out of spite!  :)

Lol this guy couldn't beat Jimmy G at home in the playoffs, what makes you think he's going to be successful in that division? No Bears or Lions in that division. Trade them all there.

13 hours ago, Chili said:

How is it decimated when none of them are any good to begin with? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

How funny would it be if Rodgers resigned, and this gambit didn't work?

Alternatively, let the draft picks rain down like mana from heaven. 

I've had a recurring dream he tears his Achilles in training camp.  Not wishing it, but thought it was weird I've had it more than a few times. 

On the other hand, you have to know if they've gone this far, they know they are going to back up the brinks truck of draft picks to get him. I'm still holding out for Patrick Surtain Jr. as part of the deal. They have the kid they signed from Chicago behind him, so they won't be without options. 

Edited by Old Guy

2 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

don't you get like a ridiculously good comp pick for losing coordinators now? like a 3rd or some crazy ****? 

Not sure about that. You do get them for hiring minorities to HC jobs or executive positions. The Rams got 2 - 3rd round comp picks for the guy they hired last year.