Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

20 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Anybody think Rodgers could have a change of heart now that it's official Tae is gone? Don't know how you'd undo his new contract though. 

Roger's contract is just where he wants it. He is pretty much free to walk at any time. that's why we can't trade Love yet. It's an opportunity for Rodgers to win MVP three years in a row. Just watch Aaron run the offense like it's supposed to run. Another 13 win season, defense is intact.

9 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Roger's contract is just where he wants it. He is pretty much free to walk at any time. that's why we can't trade Love yet. It's an opportunity for Rodgers to win MVP three years in a row. Just watch Aaron run the offense like it's supposed to run. Another 13 win season, defense is intact.

Maybe it's time that Aaron does a little recruiting and gets the Packers a couple good players lined up.  

31 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Maybe it's time that Aaron does a little recruiting and gets the Packers a couple good players lined up.  

NO!  IIRC the last two guys Rodgers had input to bring to the Packers totally underachieved, Jimmy Graham and Randall Cobb. 

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Hicks has been injured a lot the last few years. I think he's broken down. How about Fletcher Cox? 

Rather have Goldman. Hasn't really had the injury issues, younger and less miles on his body.  Goldman over Lancaster bring back Z on an incentive deal like Preston, Sul, draft edge with one of our top 4 picks. That's one solid 4 man rotation there and stronger up the middle.

Edited by St Vince

9 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Rather have Goldman. Hasn't really had the injury issues, younger and less miles on his body.  Goldman over Lancaster bring back Z on an incentive deal like Preston, Sul, draft edge with one of our top 4 picks. That's one solid 4 man rotation there and stronger up the middle.

Yah I like Goldman too.  Still wouldn't touch Z though.  He should have taken the Ravens offer.  We'll probably take Edge with one of our first rounders.  Other either OT or WR.  For sure we are going to take a WR with one of our top 4 picks.  Hope Gute stays patient and lets the draft board fall to him.  Want all 4 of those top picks to be exercised. 

8 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Which is retarded. 

Crosby is a career 81% kicker. 

Acting like 2018/2021 is the outlier and not 2019/2020 is to wildly ignore the rest of the man's career. 

It's insane.  There's justin tucker and then there's NFL level kickers.  And then there's not quite NFL level kickers that happen to be in the NFL.

If kickers kicked 500 fgs/year we might know who the best ones are.  They just don't.  Makes no sense to invest money into one.

Ben Fennell -    Matt LaFleur + Aaron Rodgers are what make the Packers offense tick. That's the marriage of talent/scheme.

The 4-0 start to 2020 was a great example... The offensive star rotated weekly - Adams, Jones, Lazard, Tonyan, MVS - because the SCHEME works when the QB is buying in...

12 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

“People come to Green Bay to play with me” might be the funniest thing he’s ever said. Who, Randall Cobb and James Jones? 

“People leave me to go play with Derek Carr” - Aaron Rodgers, 2022

• Like 3

so, I'm a little concerned the team may be getting ahead of themselves on Jaire.

Feels like the consensus here is that he's a bona fide star and one of the best defenders in the league.

Now, I'd be happy to pay him like JC Jackson, but I don't want him to be treated like Jalen Ramsey's next deal.

He's not a guy that other teams are "fearful of" because of his ball skills, and he's not quite as consistent as the best lockdown corners.  He's sort of a hybrid there.

2 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

so, I'm a little concerned the team may be getting ahead of themselves on Jaire.

Feels like the consensus here is that he's a bona fide star and one of the best defenders in the league.

Now, I'd be happy to pay him like JC Jackson, but I don't want him to be treated like Jalen Ramsey's next deal.

He's not a guy that other teams are "fearful of" because of his ball skills, and he's not quite as consistent as the best lockdown corners.  He's sort of a hybrid there.

I've honestly not seen or read a whole lot of details of what the club is offering.....so it's a mystery. Kinda agree with the sentiment though. He's good.....just not set a new mark in the CB market good.....at least not yet.

I wonder....is a defensive guy affected by AR's "I'm coming / I'm going" ambivalence....or is it (again) just about the money?

16 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yeah maybe there's some top free agents in his flat earth Facebook group

• Like 2