Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

10 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Just Spitballin, Would we be interested in a DK Metcalf deal involving Jordan Love in some aspect??

NO.  Metcalf has never been accused of being a route runner and that is what Rodgers needs.  Not a chuck it deep scramble drill guy.  Love is an investment (1st and 4th) and they brought in Clements to work with him and Rodgers.

If they give up draft capital for Metcalf I will throw up and ban  @Norm.

Edited by Dubz41
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

NO.  Metcalf has never been accused of being a route runner and that is what Rodgers needs.  Not a chuck it deep scramble drill guy.  Love is an investment (1st and 4th) and they brought in Clements to work with him and Rodgers.

If they give up draft capital for Metcalf I will throw up and ban  @Norm.

A 3rd/4th would be fine. 

31 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Just Spitballin, Would we be interested in a DK Metcalf deal involving Jordan Love in some aspect??

If we traded Love for Metcalf I would be ok with it because it means our front office feels Metcalf is more valuable and their the only people on the planet who know his actual worth.

2 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

I don't see why not. Hypothetically, Love, a 3rd this year and a 4th next year for one year of Metcalf cheap (and then the right to pay him a lot of money) - that might work for both sides, if Seattle has an interest in Love.

But I bet someone offers a first and second and then signs him to a record setting contact extension because apparently that's the theme of the offseason.

Edited by Sandy

Love is still potentially the future at QB, so no.

Plenty of WRs in the draft, London (if there at 22) Olave (at 22 or 28) Watson,  Pickens (round 2), Tolbert (round 3).

I did like Metcalf when he was drafted, but I'm not stealing from Peter to pay Paul. If Rodgers ends up playing just one more year (quite possible given his contract) you'd look pretty stupid having thrown away a real chance of having your QB of the future. Same applies if he stays 2 years.

Just now, spilltray said:

Not really. Metcalf is going to be a huge contract WR and at that point they could have figured out the Adams deal. 

Yeah, I don't think the Packers want to pay WR's top dollar.  I suspect they will draft two, and then look to add a veteran free agent who is willing to play on an incentive based deal, or trade for a guy with a couple years of reasonable salary left on their deal.  

17 hours ago, Leader said:

PackersWire -  Green Bay Packers general manager Brian Gutekunst pointed to consistency – especially as a holder – as the primary reason why the team made a change at punter this offseason.

The Packers passed on bringing back Corey Bojorquez to sign former Chicago Bears punter Pat O'Donnell. .

“Certainly, his consistency. Not only as a punter, but as a holder. His directional punting is excellent,” Gutekunst said Monday.

Gutekunst also said O’Donnell has “some familiarity” with new Packers special teams coordinator Rich Bisaccia, who was hired to help fix the NFL's worst special teams group from a season ago.

Now 31, O’Donnell was the Bears punter for eight seasons. He has experience operating in cold weather and is excellent as a holder for field goals and extra points.

Cory was not consistent on how he held the ball on FGs last year so I am glad we changed to O'Donnell, especially if he is a good holder.  

• Like 1