Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Loved Watkins when he came out. Had a bit of Sterling Sharpe, aka, "Choo Choo Baby" to his game in terms of running over people...

Though that takes a toll on the body. Laviska Shenault had a similar aspect to his game, though he's not really panned out so far. 

Edited by DWhitehurst

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

play Watkins for the first 4-5 weeks, then shut him down for like 3 weeks and restart

They were just talking this morning about NFL doesn't do load management on the radio this morning. We can start the trend

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

They were just talking this morning about NFL doesn't do load management on the radio this morning.
We can start the trend

with 17 and then 18 games/season -  load mgmt will be a part of the NFL's future.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'm relatively confident were taking two WRs early. By the end of day two anyways. Or maybe that's just what I want to happen I guess

I'm with you regards wanting to hit this draft for some of the top (Rounds 1, 2 or 1, 3 <if that Cindy kid is still hanging round> - this time around. We've ignored the posiiton for long enough IMO and frankly I like the idea of having some young, top talent running around / catching passes and producing for us - for the next 4-5 years!

Edited by Leader

2 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Well went from critically desperate to just desperate.  Maybe Watkins can stay healthy for a few games until we get the rookie WR's up to speed.  Gute trying to plug a hole before the draft so he doesn't have to reach.  Smart move as always maybe we'll get lucky with Watkins and he'll make it through a season.  Makes a lot of sense for Watkins.  If he could really put up some numbers this year and up his dollars on his next contract.  Win win I guess.  Don't hate this move.

I don't hate it either.

Now I'm trying to figure out which WR in the draft is somewhat comparable to Watkins.  Looking purely in terms of mentorship now.

It isn't a slot kid like Moore or Dotson.

I don't see a comp with London.

Maybe it is there with Burkes, but he's not a great comp.

I don't see it with Wilson.  Could be wrong there.

I think it comes down to Williams and Olave.  If one of them makes it past 15, I think we move up to secure the guy to learn from Watkins.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Not to throw rain on everyone's parade.  

https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/injury-history/sammy-watkins/6937

He has a 95% probability of getting injured in 2022.  His injury list is long.

Dunno looking at this would have scared me off.  

I feel a bit better about his past foot injuries .. that Dr. Anderson that is affiliated with the Packers is  world renowned, and probably took a look before the Packers signed him.

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Smidgeon said:

A similar reddit claim was made about Davante's trade roughly five days before it occurred.

Last year (I think) a redditor broke the news that a FA player was signing with a particular team because he was gaming online vs the player's wife and he overheard some of player's conversation to his agent in the background. With the few clues he was able to figure out who the player was.

Edited by Chili

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

I don't hate it either.

Now I'm trying to figure out which WR in the draft is somewhat comparable to Watkins.  Looking purely in terms of mentorship now.

I think it comes down to Williams and Olave.  If one of them makes it past 15, I think we move up to secure the guy to learn from Watkins.

You draft as if Watkins was never signed - which he hasnt officially has he?
Word is he's a one year deal. Lazard's UFA after this season.

You draft this time around for the long haul - and by saying that, I dont mean projects or developmental types.

Fill the room

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I don't hate it either.

Burks is the closest to Watkins by far.