Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Would be ideal although will AR throw it to him up the seam. I'm surprised the Raiders wouldn't want him for this year him and Adams will be a formidable set of weapons. 

They do have Foster Moreau, so they have some flexibility.

7 minutes ago, Striker said:

They do have Foster Moreau, so they have some flexibility.

Ok, would have to check the contract he's on see if it makes sense. Send them a first rounder back? I wonder what would get it done of if Gute now values those 2 firsts. 

5 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If we trade Waller because we have Moreau, it just shows that we are a failing franchise.

I would agree, not that I would not like Waller but with the moves made this offseason it makes sense for him to stay. I can understand the original thought of the deal and maybe the value of Adams vs TE ( Waller ) but having both in house is a nightmare for any DC. Look at that Kelce does in KC he just opens everything up. 

8 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Ok, would have to check the contract he's on see if it makes sense. Send them a first rounder back? I wonder what would get it done of if Gute now values those 2 firsts. 

Why send a 1st rounder back when the original trade was 1st + Waller for Tae? Waller was replaced by a 2nd. That implies his worth. I'd send them a 2nd and probably not budge on that for a 29 yr old with injury history and a new contract needed. 

9 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

OK, you are no long allowed to be around the draft picks. 

5 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

I would agree, not that I would not like Waller but with the moves made this offseason it makes sense for him to stay. I can understand the original thought of the deal and maybe the value of Adams vs TE ( Waller ) but having both in house is a nightmare for any DC. Look at that Kelce does in KC he just opens everything up. 

That’s the whole point. Exactly.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me to push all those chips in with Davante and then trade away your 2nd best weapon, but who knows? Maybe they love someone they know they won't be able to get without a 2nd round pick ? 

Rumblings that Waller wants a new contract and Oakland doesn't want to pay up. Take that with a grain of salt 

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me to push all those chips in with Davante and then trade away your 2nd best weapon, but who knows? Maybe they love someone they know they won't be able to get without a 2nd round pick ? 

Raiders just paid Adams, Carr and Kyler Fackrell. They only have  $5M in available cap space right now, not enough to sign their draft picks let alone get through a season.

Waller wants a new deal now, perhaps the Raiders simply can't afford him ?