Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

5 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I don't know if its currently a possibility or not, but it clearly wasn't a rumor when the league cancelled it. Waller was out the door from all reports. 

So it wasn't a rumor, it's a transaction that didn't occur due to a league policy that the teams apparently weren't aware of.

The only one to say it was sent into the league was Justo, so it probably was never sent to the league. Personally, I'd be embarrassed if our GM and FO didn't know the rules of the league they've spent their entire lives working in.

I bet they discussed Waller, but it never went further than that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

This Waller rumor seems dubious.  Would love to get him in a deal, but I'm not holding my breath.   

Carr laughing at it and this week being the week I literally believe the opposite of any big news is all I need to know. I wouldn’t mind a vet TE, they take a while to become NFL ready, I just don’t see the upside for the Raiders unless we give up a lot. 

I think Schefter, or probably a ghost account just reported Rodgers wants a trade and my same friend who bites on every story is texting me about it. I’m ready for the draft. 

Edited by Refugee

1 minute ago, Refugee said:

Carr laughing at it and this week being the week I literally believe the opposite of any big news is all I need to know. I wouldn’t mind a vet TE, they take a while to become NFL ready, I just don’t see the upside for the Raiders unless we give up a lot. 

I think Schefter, or probably a ghost account just reported Rodgers wants a trade and my same friend who bites on every story is texting me about it. I’m ready for the draft. 

Tell him the best you can do is Rod Marinelli.  Then laugh out loud like you've never laughed before.  And at the end, sob a little, because a part of you just died.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

They were willing to give Waller if it was the only way to get Adams, but now that they have both, are they at all interested in giving him up? If they were, Waller would already be a Packer. Think this is a dead month old rumor personally.

Perhaps. And sometimes its the tail wagging the dog...its draft week in Vegas and everyone is full-on pimping that broadcast and throwing out rumors etc. Vegas is hosting and they don't have a pick until late Friday ? hmmm

We also know that neither the Packers nor the Raiders want this info coming out before the draft because they don't want to tell everyone their plans at TE.

We'll find out soon enough, but I don't think we can say :

" it would be done by now and since it isn't done, it ain't happening"

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Personally, I'd be embarrassed if our GM and FO didn't know the rules of the league they've spent their entire lives working in.

I bet they discussed Waller, but it never went further than that.

Seriously this. 

22 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Nagler's going all in on this one lol. 

Logically, there's a chance that he would have no idea he's being shopped, or was, and he could still say this and have it mean nothing. That being said, I still think it's all BS. 

Waller has 2 years left on a deal with no guaranteed money. He is likely looking for an extension that could lower lower his cap hit in 2022. Trading a 2nd for Waller would lower the amount of cap money dedicated to draft picks. It would be doable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Waller has 2 years left on a deal with no guaranteed money. He is likely looking for an extension that could lower lower his cap hit in 2022. Trading a 2nd for Waller would lower the amount of cap money dedicated to draft picks. It would be doable.

It’s still by the skin of their teeth. Unless we’re breaking from the status quo of carrying at least 5mil over

5 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Perhaps. And sometimes its the tail wagging the dog...its draft week in Vegas and everyone is full-on pimping that broadcast and throwing out rumors etc. Vegas is hosting and they don't have a pick until late Friday ? hmmm

We also know that neither the Packers nor the Raiders want this info coming out before the draft because they don't want to tell everyone their plans at TE.

We'll find out soon enough, but I don't think we can say :

" it would be done by now and since it isn't done, it ain't happening"

I think it's safe to say that. 

They've been talking for awhile with no smoke, why leak to Nagler now? My guess is talks are dead, and the only way they resume is if Waller is not content anymore being a Raider. What could make him not content? A rumor to get the wheels turning in his head that there is a team out there that wants to rip up his deal and pay him more, a team that has a HOF QB and one that can make him the #1 option in their offense.

The Packers definitely leaked this with a purpose.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Question....the hang up apparently was Davante wouldnt sign the tag - so the Waller&pick for DA wasnt possible.....but - could Davante have signed the tag - the deal gone down - and LV renegotiate DA's contract to represent what he signed for (?) or would league rules mandate he play a year at the tag level?

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I think it's safe to say that. 

They've been talking for awhile with no smoke, why leak to Nagler now? My guess is talks are dead, and the only way they resume is if Waller is not content anymore being a Raider. What could make him not content? A rumor to get the wheels turning in his head that there is a team out there that wants to rip up his deal and pay him more, a team that has a HOF QB and one that can make him the #1 option in their offense.

Why would they leak to Aaron Nagler?