Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

7 hours ago, hitnhope said:

Jordan Love went to Utah State not Alabama.  He wasn't a can't miss recruit.   He didn't pop to scouts until his 3rd year.   He was a 1st year red shirt.

They don't know who is going to turn out unless you are talking a major recruit such as Lawrence or Fields.  And Fields isn't exactly burning things up yet.

While they may be looking at everyone years in advance, they don't make a pick 3 years in advance based on the overall quality of players coming out.  They can't know. 

We'll just have to disagree on this I guess.

I mean, assuming that the quarterbacks that the big schools are interested in are going to be the best quarterbacks is generally the fallacy of rational coaching.  After all North Dakota State has had more QBs taken in the top 10 than the Texas Longhorns have had taken in the first round over the last 70 years.  Crootin' is even more of a crapshoot than the draft.  The only thing the blue bloods can guarantee in terms of quarterbacks is "they get the guys they want" but sometimes that's Trevor Lawrence and sometimes that's DJ Uiangelelei (who was also the #1 overall High School Recruit.)

After all the things that turn you from a 3* recruit into an NFL prospect are (in additional to physical development) basically hard work and dedication, which are things NFL teams prize highly after all.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Aaron Rodgers showcase on NFL Network.  Showing superbowl 45 right now. 

That was a good one. I’m a pretty big supporter of the guy, and I’ll be sad to see him in another uniform but it is time. Will definitely always be appreciative of some amazing level of ball played for so many years but SB45 is the peak of all the gratitude. Now let’s get on with the show!

44 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, assuming that the quarterbacks that the big schools are interested in are going to be the best quarterbacks is generally the fallacy of rational coaching.  After all North Dakota State has had more QBs taken in the top 10 than the Texas Longhorns have had taken in the first round over the last 70 years.  Crootin' is even more of a crapshoot than the draft.  The only thing the blue bloods can guarantee in terms of quarterbacks is "they get the guys they want" but sometimes that's Trevor Lawrence and sometimes that's DJ Uiangelelei (who was also the #1 overall High School Recruit.)

After all the things that turn you from a 3* recruit into an NFL prospect are (in additional to physical development) basically hard work and dedication, which are things NFL teams prize highly after all.

+1 for crootin’. 

1 hour ago, Scoremore said:

Aaron Rodgers showcase on NFL Network.  Showing superbowl 45 right now. 

God he played great in that offseason. NFCCG aside, but that was a dogfight on a dog **** field. And then played about as good as he could in the big dance.

22 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Nice moves

Bisaccia back with an upgraded title is great. Clements continuing to mentor Jordan in his first starting year would be huge. We’ll never know the full reasons, and it could be just more time on task, but the little we saw of Love this year  was much more intentional and fundamentally sound in his movements. 

16 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Agree with all of this.   Another way of making the point I was trying to make.   Teams don't know who the top QB's are going to be 3 years down the road for all of these reasons.