Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Anyone else massively disappointed in LaFluer's press conference? Seemed like the exact opposite of Gutey, like it was the direction he was being forced to take and he was mopey about it.

He dumped a bucket of cold water on my excitement for camp. The draft will get me back there, but damn Matt, get your head out of your ***.

Link?  I'm hoping MLF is ready to show what he can do .

Hope the stage isn't too big for him

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Anyone else massively disappointed in LaFluer's press conference? Seemed like the exact opposite of Gutey, like it was the direction he was being forced to take and he was mopey about it.

He dumped a bucket of cold water on my excitement for camp. The draft will get me back there, but damn Matt, get your head out of your ***.

He's just getting out of a toxic relationship that he didn't know was toxic. Give the man suffering from battered wife syndrome some time to come around.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He's super soft.  He seems incredibly subservient to Aaron Rodgers.  His comments about tempering expectations for Jordan Love was horrid too.  I don't have much faith in LaFleur these days.  He's really got some proving to do this year. 

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yah agree that was one sheety presser.  Boring as hell too.  Dude it's not a funeral. Why temper expectations for Love?  Why even say it.  Hell I think Love will have a better season than Aaron did in 2022.  Looked like he was crying in his Wheaties now that Aaron's gone.  Well dude it's your job to get the team ready to roll.  Guess we'll find out if MLF is indeed a decent coach or just one that rode Aaron's coattails.  

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

He's super soft.  He seems incredibly subservient to Aaron Rodgers.  His comments about tempering expectations for Jordan Love was horrid too.  I don't have much faith in LaFleur these days.  He's really got some proving to do this year. 

I'm pretty blah on the coaching staff all around other than Rich tbh. With 12 gone, LaFleur is either going to spread his wings and fly, or fold and die. 

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'm pretty blah on the coaching staff all around other than Rich tbh. With 12 gone, LaFleur is either going to spread his wings and fly, or fold and die. 

The thought entered my mind that Rich Bisaccia could be the head coach of the Packers in 2024 if LaFleur falls on his face in 2023.  I'm probably way off, but I did think it. 

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

The thought entered my mind that Rich Bisaccia could be the head coach of the Packers in 2024 if LaFleur falls on his face in 2023.  I'm probably way off, but I did think it. 

The guy did do some pretty nice Yeoman's work filling in after Gruden's Grinder.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's posted up on Packers.com from yesterday 

The one where he's talking to McCarren?  I didnt make too much of it either way. He gave a nod to AR on the way out the door and tried to hedge on people jumping Love too quick....which seemed like mandatory speech IMO. I've never found the guy all too engaging as a speaker....but then, I dont need to him to be. 

Out ST / Asst HC might be breathing down his neck a bit. We'll see. Just get the gameplans and play calling right. Thats all I ask.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

The one where he's talking to McCarren?  I didnt make too much of it either way. He gave a nod to AR on the way out the door and tried to hedge on people jumping Love too quick....which seemed like mandatory speech IMO. I've never found the guy all too engaging as a speaker....but then, I dont need to him to be. 

Out ST / Asst HC might be breathing down his neck a bit. We'll see. Just get the gameplans and play calling right. Thats all I ask.

It was the interview with the press core that got me angry. 

I don't feel like LaFleur is feeling heat from Bisaccia, but maybe he should be.  LaFleur hyper him up big time.  Said he should be sitting at one of these tables being interviewed .. meaning he should be a head coach. 

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It was the interview with the press core that got me angry.

Okay....I'll have to find it cause I've not seen it yet.

In any case, I'm not moved one way or the other about what MLF says. My biggest down towards him is this DC situation and (what I perceive as....) some of the head scratching play calling - but - I cant lay all the latter on him totally when it's AR making the LOS reads and taking the snaps. Love will probably be less inclined to audible / free lance......for good or bad....we'll find out.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Okay....I'll have to find it cause I've not seen it yet.

In any case, I'm not moved one way or the other about what MLF says. My biggest down towards him is this DC situation and (what I perceive as....) some of the head scratching play calling - but - I cant lay all the latter on him totally when it's AR making the LOS reads and taking the snaps. Love will probably be less inclined to audible / free lance......for good or bad....we'll find out.

You've got to hear it .. it is pretty upsetting.  It really seems that MLF has very little faith in Love.  Plus our head coach has no flair in front of the camera at all.  He's about as exciting as watching paint dry.  Big year for this guy .. his seat should be hot. 

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

You've got to hear it .. it is pretty upsetting.  It really seems that MLF has very little faith in Love.  Plus our head coach has no flair in front of the camera at all.  He's about as exciting as watching paint dry.  Big year for this guy .. his seat should be hot. 

Damn. I just cut if off around 6 minutes cause it was nothing too extraordinary IMO. A lot of coach speak crap - which again - in MLF's case has never been too high or too low. He's pretty much a middle of the road guy.

Okay....okay....I'll go back and forge thru the damn thing.

30 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Okay.....listened to the whole thing...and my feeling is.....I must not be as easily pissed off as some.
Let it go. Doesnt matter anyway. The new vibe is gonna come from the players....and I think the fans.....now.
It was time for a change.