Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

So I'm usually the last one to bring up trade scenarios, but we need a safety, we just hired the Cardinals secondary coach, and Budda Baker just asked for a trade.

Let's make this a 3 way trade:

Packers get: Budda Baker, pick 34, pick 66, 2024 Jets 1st round pick

Cardinals get: pick 42, pick 45, pick 78, pick 112, Darnell Savage

Jets get: Aaron Rodgers, DeAndre Hopkins

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

So I'm usually the last one to bring up trade scenarios, but we need a safety, we just hired the Cardinals secondary coach, and Budda Baker just asked for a trade.

That would be a fun one. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Intriguing. But not sure ARZ would go for it. They might see Savage as more of a liability than an asset at that contract. So basically they’d be getting the value of a late 2nd in exchange for two All-Pro’s that are still fairly young. And having to eat $30m in dead money. They might insist on keeping #66.

Also I’m not sure if NYJ could fit both AR & DeAndre on their cap. At least not w/o cutting/trading 3 of the following: Davis, Lawson, Mosley, or Whitehead.

12 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Problem is Baker wants to be the highest paid safety in the league.  We don't have any cash...

4 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Problem is Baker wants to be the highest paid safety in the league.  We don't have any cash...

In this scenario would have plenty of cash from unloading Savage. Money wouldn't be the issue with such a trade scenario

19 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Arizona seems to be getting screwed royally in this trade. Plus, they have to take on Savage in this deal. 

7 hours ago, Scoremore said:

I think they have plenty of cap space in that respect. Even if Baker demanded 18m AAV, that doesn’t mean that year 1 of the deal would have an 18m cap number. Often, it’s much less than AAV. Heck they could probably even structure it in such a way as to have his 2023 cap be less than the outgoing Savage cap if they really wanted. 

Having said that, I am not sure that GB would be willing to surrender the draft capital needed to get him. I think the only reason it looks enticing now is because this year, the draft class looks really weak at safety.. And because it coincides with a time that it feels like the bottom suddenly dropped out of that position on the GB roster.

Even if they did it, they’d be selling low on Savage, who could bounce back. And they would still have hole at the other safety spot. 

• Like 1