Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Haha! Gilbert had that awesome back-footed jump into dig-dig-dig THROWW!

Slaton is cool and all, but why is that shovel over his shoulder? That is reminiscent of Barnett’s samurai sword deal, and as much as I liked Barnett that move ever only got a pained golf clap from me.

Still, I truly love to see those young men having fun.

57 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Not impressed. He's gonna really have to step up his game if he wants a Whopper named after him. 

For the record The Gilbert Burger was a  Double Whopper with cheese, along with extra lettuce, extra mayo and ketchup, extra tomatoes, extra onions, and no pickles.

“I don’t like pickles,” Brown said.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

Not impressed. He's gonna really have to step up his game if he wants a Whopper named after him. 

Was it a double Whopper with triple fixings?  Or a triple Whopper with triple fixings?

All I remember was that after one bite, you basically had meat and cheese on a bun with a side salad.

In yesterday's presser, MLF was asked about Heath and Cox, in terms of their off-field history.  He was positive about them, and about their professionalism thus far.  No hints that there are present concerns based on off-field stuff.  

7 minutes ago, craig said:

In yesterday's presser, MLF was asked about Heath and Cox, in terms of their off-field history.  He was positive about them, and about their professionalism thus far.  No hints that there are present concerns based on off-field stuff.  

We need a couple of guys with bad intentions. I'm pulling for both of them to make the team. Just as long as those bad intentions are left on the field of play. 

Edited by Old Guy

22 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

We need a couple of guys with bad intentions. I'm pulling for both of them to make the team. Just as long as those bad intentions are left on the field of play. 

My guess is Heath makes the team and Cox to the PS to start the season.  As always the roster will be in flux throughout the season, and this could be switched or mix and match at some point.  We have a lot of depth at EDGE so a tough one there. This team could lose a player or two right off the bat to other teams.  Actually a good sign.

12 minutes ago, 15412 said:

My guess is Heath makes the team and Cox to the PS to start the season.  As always the roster will be in flux throughout the season, and this could be switched or mix and match at some point.  We have a lot of depth at EDGE so a tough one there. This team could lose a player or two right off the bat to other teams.  Actually a good sign.

It is never a good sign to lose an EDGE rusher to another team. Cox would be at worst #4 EDGE on about 10 teams IMO. The Bears should be all over claiming this guy if we waive him. The guy has some gas in the pass rush game. Those guys are hard to find. 

Edited by Old Guy

23 minutes ago, 15412 said:

You don't let legitimate pass rushers walk out the door.