Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

A couple of questions for the draft experts.

Is there another team in the league who only has 1 FRP on offense? Whether they drafted the guy or not. The Packers only have 1, Jordan Love. 

Is there another offensive line in the league that has no FRPs? Thinking the Rams on this one for sure. 

Chiefs, Steelers, Rams, Commanders I think all only have one 1st round pick on their offenses.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, R T said:

Chiefs, Steelers, Rams, Commanders I think all only have one 1st round pick on their offenses.  

Rams have Stafford and Carson Wentz, even though he should not count. Steelers have Kenny Pickett and Harris for sure. 

I think Commanders only have one. You made me look at their roster, wow, what a **** show that is. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

Once it started hitting after the bye you can see them setting up concepts to hit a misdirection later. That's much easier to do when you stick to a plan. There is obviously a value to letting your QB audible but Rodgers definitely took it to an extreme because he thinks he's always the smartest guy in the room. It makes sense that it feels more structured and methodical this way. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, spilltray said:

Once it started hitting after the bye you can see them setting up concepts to hit a misdirection later. That's much easier to do when you stick to a plan. There is obviously a value to letting your QB audible but Rodgers definitely took it to an extreme because he thinks he's always the smartest guy in the room. It makes sense that it feels more structured and methodical this way. 

Also...It makes a ton of sense to have the QB under center more than AR was accustomed to doing towards the end. Last weekend....in the MIA/KC game....MIA was already having a ton of problems moving the ball...but faced a 4th and inches.....and TUA lined up in the shot with the RB behind him to go for it.

Huh?

Now, I realize Tua's not the biggest guy....but still.

35 minutes ago, spilltray said:

that was something I noted often last year and leading into this year.  MLF would be much better able to build plays off previously run plays.  stacking what you show and run from personnel/formation and sets.  

41 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Oh goodness, Doubs looking like an upper-middle-class man's Greg Jennings out there 

He had a great game.  I had kind of started to put him behind some other guys, but he showed that he can be a big timer if called upon. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tperk said:

The offense picked up when the jet sweeps and ridiculous flea flicker like plays stopped.

Once they got Jones back, Dillon was no longer running outside as often either.  Also, Tucker Kraft figured something out, because he was not good at the start of the season.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Once they got Jones back, Dillon was no longer running outside as often either.  Also, Tucker Kraft figured something out, because he was not good at the start of the season.

I think Kraft was taking small steps and progressing but once he had to be TE1, he just went for it. If we can find a way to balance what those two can do, our RPO’s could become deadly.