Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I'm gonna spare the forum the screen grab of his Billy Spikes J Law tweets before he scrapped it for the Dov Kleiman handle. Let's just say there's a #BeatByBilly hashtag and he's not talking about domestic violence or physical assault against her LOL.

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

There are a couple of ways to look at that.  Are the Packers going to release Bakhtiari? Yes, probably.  Has there been any kind of legitimate source that told any kind of journalist? No, I doubt it.  

Kind of bugs me that Nagler and Herman can be so snarky about this though.  Both of them have done videos discussing the future of Bakhtiari at length.  But now it is bad for someone else to do it? 

I think the outright release is most likely.  You can't trade him until the new year starts and even then he would have to pass a physical.  If you trade him and he fails a physical he comes back to Green Bay and it becomes a mess involving his contract and injury settlements.  He needs to significantly reduce his contract (there's still no guarantee he can play) or get released outright.

23 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

There are a couple of ways to look at that.  Are the Packers going to release Bakhtiari? Yes, probably.  Has there been any kind of legitimate source that told any kind of journalist? No, I doubt it.  

Kind of bugs me that Nagler and Herman can be so snarky about this though.  Both of them have done videos discussing the future of Bakhtiari at length.  But now it is bad for someone else to do it? 

Nagler’s whole Internet identity is “I am allowed to have a take, but when you do it, it’s silly” 

• Like 1

Like the thing about Bakhtiari is that the Packers can't really keep him on at his contract number given the fact that he's been rehabbing the same knee for three years.  Whether that's an outright cut, or a restructure, or a restructure that enables a trade or whatever depends on what Mr. Bakhtiari is willing to do.  It saves like $20m off the cap to cut him but they don't actually need to clear that money until FA starts.

15 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I feel like Deebo gets moderately injured the first half of every game I watch but then makes it back into the game a quarter later 

Yeah, Deebo looks like he dies on the field every time I watch him play. Then he's back out there a few plays later. I was really surprised when he got knocked out of the divisional round game.

On 2/18/2024 at 12:10 PM, ThatJerkDave said:

They’re kind of snarky about a lot to be honest. Especially Nagler. I listen to a good deal CHTV stuff when I have down time. Their content has really improved but they could be so much better if he’d just not be an A hole sometimes.

Benkhe is kind of a different story lol

• Like 1