Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

Aaron Nagler -  Feelin' like maybe the Packers can handle a 20mil cap hit for a future Hall of Fame left tackle if he's healthy and wants to play...

I'd argue it's a possibility, but I'd still argue the "if he's healthy" part is just too big to overcome...

1 minute ago, pgwingman said:

I'd argue it's a possibility, but I'd still argue the "if he's healthy" part is just too big to overcome...

No argument about it. I'll leave it up to the doctors and Gute to decide.

• Like 1

Aaron Nagler -  Feelin' like maybe the Packers can handle a 20mil cap hit for a future Hall of Fame left tackle if he's healthy and wants to play...

Bak has been named 1st team all-pro twice, with 3 more 2nd team.  I'd argue "future HOF left tackle" is a bit of a long shot.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

I like college football well enough, but it really is kind of a mess right now.  I'm fine with the players getting paid, but the transfer portal is out of control.

NFL players can only dream of having the kind of power college players have in the off-season.  It's crazy how quickly things have turned against the NCAA, but they are only getting their just deserts after decades of abusing the power they had.

NCAA can't enforce NIL rules after judge grants injunction

4 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Bak has been named 1st team all-pro twice, with 3 more 2nd team.  I'd argue "future HOF left tackle" is a bit of a long shot.

I agree, but if he hadn’t gotten hurt he was well on his way. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

NFL players can only dream of having the kind of power college players have in the off-season.  It's crazy how quickly things have turned against the NCAA, but they are only getting their just deserts after decades of abusing the power they had.

NCAA can't enforce NIL rules after judge grants injunction

I think it's fine. College coaches just aren't happy with not having a cult like culture anymore where they can lock down kids and be unapologetic about lying to them. They have to work to keep every kid they lied to. These are 18/19/20 year olds we're talking about. **** happens. Sometimes you get somewhere and it's not where you want to be. You shouldn't be punished like before where you had to sit out a year. Coaches are free to leave without reservation so the kids should be able to as well. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Leader said:

if Bahktiari wants to be on the Packers for 2024, that cap number needs to go down. a release is still a likely outcome 

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Coaches are free to leave without reservation so the kids should be able to as well

I saw the other day that 21 FBS coaches were hired in 2019 (may have been 2018?) and only ONE of them was still at the same school. College sports are a shipshow but if schools and coaches can chase the $ I have no problem with the kids doing the same. 

• Like 2