Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

7 hours ago, vegas492 said:

So, Dallas gets Clark on an expiring contract.  No guarantees to re-sign him.  And if Clark agrees, they are paying large for him.

We get a second round pick in 2024.  First round and fourth round pick in 2025.

LOL!

Not so fast there Vegas.  Those are late round picks.  Dallas picks will be in the 20's in each round.  Plus we are trading him to a team we will likely face in the playoffs.  Further we have no one to replace him this year.  We aren't going to find another KC in the draft.  Gute would probably take the offer but it would hurt the team.  Most likely result is KC gets a rare 3rd contract in GB and it's gonna cost.  He's a hell of a player.  Guys that can play the run and rush the passer don't grow on trees.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Kent Lee Platte on X: "Grant DuBose was drafted with pick ...

Yeah about an inch taller than Doubs and surprisingly a slightly shorter arm length. DuBose just looks longer with a lankier build. Anyway, he’ll get a chance to compete in camp after essentially a redshirt year. All you can ask for if you’re coming in on the fringes. Hope he shows up and makes us a better team. 

13 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Just wondering if Love and scheme is making all these guys look better than they are.

Yes. I think that's obvious. The Packers have a great group, but they're benefiting from a genius offensive mind and a QB that looks like he'll be the third consecutive perennial All-Pro in Green Bay.

10 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Not so fast there Vegas.  Those are late round picks.  Dallas picks will be in the 20's in each round.  Plus we are trading him to a team we will likely face in the playoffs.  Further we have no one to replace him this year.  We aren't going to find another KC in the draft.  Gute would probably take the offer but it would hurt the team.  Most likely result is KC gets a rare 3rd contract in GB and it's gonna cost.  He's a hell of a player.  Guys that can play the run and rush the passer don't grow on trees.  

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not, maybe a little sprinkled in there??

But you trade the contract, the player goes with it.  Clark has one year left.  No guarantees that he re-signs, and with the Prescott/Lamb/Parsons deals lurking out there, I doubt they could even afford Clark.

It's kind of ridiculous comp for one year of team control.

So yeah, trade him, take the comp, give him a "wink wink" on the way out and have him come back in free agency.

Driver.

6 straight years with the Packers getting 1,000 yards a season.  7 in total (out of 14).

I remember saying after he was drafted (to my dad) he wouldn't make the team.  We had already drafted a fast track style kid the year earlier and he was coming along nicely.  Corey Bradford.  Ha!

1 minute ago, ReasonablySober said:

Good depth move.

We’ve brought in a lot of vets at tackle over the years for depth. I’m surprised to see it so close to the draft but even really talented guys might not be NFL ready for the first few months or even seasons. Newman is our G/T depth piece that has experience and he might be the first guy on the chopping block at his cap hit. 

Google: How many sacks has Andre Dillard allowed?

Dillard allowed 12 sacks, which was tied for first in the NFL. He also allowed 42 quarterback pressures. According to Pro Football Focus, Dillard ranked 108th out of 136 offensive tackles. He came to the Titans after spending four seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles.

2 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

25 years ago today the Packers drafted Donald Driver. Unlike some recent Packer legends, his popularity only increased with time.

4dfad3cfc20bb.image.jpg

I can not say enough good things about Donald, for as great of a player as he is, he’s an even better human.

Will be interesting to see how the young guys like Brooks and Wooden adapt as well as Enagbare when he’s back. For the most part, I think guys like getting off the ball in a 3pt so should be fun for the guys up front. The 2nd level will have plenty of work to do. 

On 4/17/2024 at 10:45 PM, Refugee said:

Yeah about an inch taller than Doubs and surprisingly a slightly shorter arm length. DuBose just looks longer with a lankier build. Anyway, he’ll get a chance to compete in camp after essentially a redshirt year. All you can ask for if you’re coming in on the fringes. Hope he shows up and makes us a better team. 

Hope he’s practice squad again. Him making roster probably means somebody got in trouble or got hurt.  

Edited by craig